Feeling Down? READ THIS!
By Kavata Kithome
Let’s be honest; sometimes, life can get difficult, making it hard for you to focus on positivity and wellness. It is important to remember that everyone experiences those times and gets through them – you are in good company.
However, some get through tough times better than others. How do they do it? We all know the time old saying, “attitude is everything.”
Today, I would like to share some tips to remember when the going gets tough:
1. Que Sera Sera (Whatever Will Be Will Be): This popular song is a reminder to accept circumstances for what they are; if you can change them, then change them, but it is important to let go of the negativity.
2. A Problem Is Only A Problem If You Deem It So: Happiness is solely dependent on perspective. If you think something is a problem, your perspective toward it will be negative. So, try to look at the circumstance/event/situation as a learning experience and know that it is simply happening for you and not to you.
3. Start With The Man In The Mirror: Michael Jackson said it best: “if you want to make a change, take a look at yourself and make that change.” Your outer world is a direct reflection of your inner world. Look at yourself from the inside out.
4. Change Your Perspective On Failure: We all know what Thomas Edison thought on the light bulb: “I did not fail, I just found ten thousand ways that did not work.” What a profound and positive way to look at life situations; not as failures, but as great learning opportunities.
5. If You Don’t Get Something You Want, It Just Means Something Better Is Coming: Try to have faith that everything happens exactly as it should. It can be hard to believe, but take a moment to reflect on times when things didn’t quite go your way and how they eventually worked out just they way they were meant to.
6. Live Fully In The Moment: Because, let’s face it, it is the only moment that is promised to you. Remember, there is always something precious about every moment. Live and appreciate every moment.
7. Exercise Gratitude: We can always find what is wrong, but we can always find what is right as well. It is important to accept all that comes at you from a happy or neutral place, because again, things happen for you, not to you.
8. Understand Your Fears And Allow Them To Fuel Your Inner Warrior: Use this mantra when you feel fear: “I look forward to overcoming my fears, because at that moment, I feel strong and victorious.” Remember, fear is just false evidence appearing real. Overcoming your fears just takes practice.
9. Open Yourself To Experiencing Joy Fully: Some of us have learned to feel perpetual sadness and despair. Your environment can sometimes make you shy away from joy, because it is not the norm. It is important to focus on joy and the things that bring you joy and not your hardships or fears.
10. Do Not Compare Yourself To Others: Focus on the things that you do have rather than the things that others have that you do not. Focus on the abundance you have. Dr. Seuss said it best: “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
11. Declare Yourself A Victor And Not The Victim: It is important that you are the one who gives permission for all that is done to you. In other words, you are the creator of your experience.
11. This Too Shall Pass: I am sure that almost everyone has been through some tough times; the good news is that all things pass. As the saying goes, there is nothing permanent. It doesn’t stay the same too long and that is definitely something to smile about.
13. Anything And Everything Is Possible: When we were children, nothing seemed impossible. I believe this is because, to a child, there are no limits, only wonder; children are not encumbered by cynicisms and painful experiences. Have faith!
Adopting these tips into your daily life is sure to bring beauty and joy, but also a healthier life. Look back on all that has happened in your life and trust in who you are. As long as you be yourself, you will never let yourself down. To living your best and healthiest life!
Kavata Kithome is an advocate for living your best life, full of health and longevity. While working closely with gym owners and personal trainers, she was able to sculpt a well-rounded view of fitness and understands how to incorporate it with a healthy balanced diet. She is a regular contributor to the One More Step Lifestyle brand.
Latest posts by Kavata Kithome (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS