Fat Flush Juice Recipe For Weight Loss
These post and photographs are by Nutrition Coach Linda Wagner and were originally posted here.
The new year is a great time to fill your body with great nutrition and set the tone for the year ahead! There are SO MANY things I want to experience and accomplish in 2014 and I know that in order to do all of these amazing things, my body has got to be fueled up and ready to go, go, go!!
One of the most effective ways to fill your cells with massive amounts of essential minerals and nutrients is JUICE ! There are SO many reasons why juicing is so beneficial, here are just a few:
- Juice requires hardly any digestion, so all its nutritional goodness gets rapidly into your system while simultaneously giving your digestive system a rest. Your body can then use that saved energy to clean out old matter, especially from the small intestine. The average person holds 5-10lbs of toxic old matter in their intestines, and Feasting is an ideal way to release it, giving the body a phenomenal chance to rejuvenate and restore. Far from being a time of ‘deprivation’, this extraordinary healing programme is an experience of abundance and massive nutritional intake…we lose weight, skin becomes radiantly healthy, illnesses are healed, scar tissue rejuvenates, and we detox our whole system on a massive scale. – Angela Stokes
- When you juice, you use waaaaaay more fruits and vegetables than you could actually eat at one time. As a result, you are drinking a HUGE quantity of vitamins, minerals and other plant-based nutrients that would be impossible to get otherwise.
- You give your WHOLE BODY a chance to “clean house”. Without the added burden of digestion, which takes a LOT of time and energy, the body is now free to work on other things like detoxing the liver and kidneys…and the remains of all those Ramen Noodles you used to eat! When we drink Raw vegetable juices, the situation is entirely different, as these [micronutrients] are digested and assimilated within 10 to 15 minutes after we drink them and they are used almost entirely in the nourishment and regeneration of the cells and tissues, glands and organs of the body. In this case the result is obvious, as the entire process of digestion and assimilation is completed with a maximum degree of speed and efficiency, and with a minimum of effort on the part of the digestive system. – Dr. Norman Walker: “Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices“, Pg 9
- All vegetables are alkalizing (my clients know ALL about this!!). The benefits of maintaining alkalinity in the body are crucial. There are entire books written on the subject and this is something that I cover in detail in my private one-on-one sessions, so without getting into too much detail, here are just a few benefits of maintaining an alkaline environment in our tissues:
- Improved focus and mental clarity
- Improved heart and cardiovascular function
- Improved bone & joint function
- Stronger Immune System – infections and disease thrive in an acidic environment
- Better digestion
- Better overall mood
- Healthier hair, skin and nails
- Natural body weight
- Heart Health: Both antioxidant vitamins C and E prevent the damaging effect of free radicals on artery walls. They prevent blood from sticking, clotting, becoming toxic as well as helping to lower triglycerides levels. Great levels of vitamin C can be found in most fruits and vegetables. Good levels of vitamin E can be attained by adding blackberries, kiwi, asparagus and spinach in your juice recipes.
- Liver Detoxification: One of the primary functions of the liver is to serve as the body’s detoxifier. It is involved with detoxifying harmful substances (like environmental toxins, chemicals, food additives, preservatives, drugs, etc) before they can enter the bloodstream and harm the body. Periodic cleansing of the liver through juicing can be important in maintaining good health. Fresh juices reduce the burden on the liver and give it a chance to catch up. Juicing allows the liver to rid itself of accumulated toxins, thus permitting it to operate more efficiently.
With all of those benefits, how could you NOT want to start juicing?! If you need more inspiration, check out the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead streaming live on Netflix. It will be all the inspiration you need!
It’s worth it to invest in a great juicer. My favorite brand is Breville, they range from about $150-300. You can get great deals online or use those 20% OFF coupons from Bed Bath & Beyond. Amazon has
I have used each model and all of them are wonderful so just choose the model that aligns with your budget. Craigslist can also be a great place to score a great deal. Your juicer will last you several years and it’s one of the best kitchen additions to really help take your health to the next level! Plus it’s tons of fun!
Fat Flush Juice
This juice is loaded with fat burning fruits and vegetables that will get your metabolism revving!
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 head romaine lettuce
Run all ingredients through a juicer (I recommend Breville) and enjoy! (Makes 16oz)
This juice is nice and refreshingly tart, a great way to start your day!
Looking for a fast easy detox plan? I’ve got everything you need to get started! Check out my step by step programs here.
Interested in one-on-one Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching with Linda? Click here and here for details on how to get started.
For more healthy living tips and recipes please subscribe to this blog, follow me on twitter, LOVE me on facebook, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot me an email!
Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE Newsletter by entering your name and email address in the upper left hand corner of this page. I’ve got lots of fun stuff, exclusive content, and an exciting offer available to subscribers only!!
- Linda Wagner is a skilled Nutrition Coach who utilizes a holistic methodology to invigorate the mind, body & spirit. It is her passion to help you know what it feels like to glow, radiate, THRIVE, and SHINE from the inside out!! Looking for a fast easy detox plan? Check out Linda’s step by step programs here. For more healthy living tips and recipes from Linda LOVE her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter, subscribe to her YouTube channel, follow her on Pinterest, OR if you are interested in getting started on your own weight loss journey with a one-on-one consultation, shoot Linda an email!
hese article and photographs are originally posted here.
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury.
It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician.
Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS