Fall Breakfast Recipe You Gotta Try: Pumpkin and Apple Smoothie
Pumpkin and Apple Smoothie
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Some things are just meant to go together.
You know what I’m talking about… let’s name a few:
Peanut butter and jelly.
Salt and pepper.
Sweet and sour.
Bread and butter.
Well… all of these can step aside for a NEW power duo that will have you gobbling up the delicious flavors of the fall in no time. Get ready for…
Pumpkin and apple!
These two make the PERFECT pair in this ultimate Fall Breakfast Smoothie!
Benefits Of A Pumpkin & Apple Breakfast Smoothie
- Excellent source of fiber: helps your stay fuller longer
- Packed with vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system
- Full of the antioxidant beta-carotene
- Helps neutralize free radicals
- When your body has too many free radicals, it causes cell damage, which can accelerate the progression of cancer and other diseases
- Helps protect your skin from the sun’s wrinkle-causing UV rays (thanks to the beta-carotene!)
- Incredible source of fiber, which helps ease constipation and controls your blood sugar
- Contains manganese, selenium, phosphorus, fiber, magnesium and zinc
- Helps reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Can help lower cholesterol
- Improves satiety, digestion and your overall general health
- Packed with probiotics
- Great for your digestive system
- Loaded with B12, which is necessary for energy and healthy brain function
- Contains protein
- Full on iodine
- Important for proper thyroid function (which is essential for a healthy metabolism)
- High in calcium
- Helps regulate your body’s output of cortisol
- Too much cortisol can lead to weight gain
- Extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids and dietary fiber
- Helps reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes and heart disease
- Fiber content helps with digestion
- Also helps lower cholesterol
- Has a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assist with blood sugar control
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
Pumpkin & Apple Breakfast Smoothie
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 medium apple, cut into pieces (I used honeycrisp and left the skin on)
- ½ banana, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup almond milk
- ⅛ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 6 ice cubes
1. Place the oats in a blender and process for 30 seconds until finely chopped.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
3. Serve immediately.
What is YOUR favorite fall flavor? Tell us in the the comment below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS