Written by: Brandi Monasco
Fall is my favorite time of the year and that’s because it’s loaded with all of these yummy scents like pumpkin, gingerbread and cider. There’s just something about those scents and the feeling of sweater weather!
With essential oils, you can make these scents all year round by using a few simple recipes. Essential oils are a great way to make your home smell warm and inviting without the use of those harmful chemical-laden store bought products. They can also be added into body butters, sugar scrubs and even more and do wonders for your body.
Easy Fall Essential Oil Recipes
Holiday Scented Blends
Pumpkin Pie Sugar Scrub
Instructions: Simply mix all of the ingredients together.
1. Wet your skin.
2. Scoop out with clean spoon. Make sure that you do not get water into the container.
3. Apply a generous amount of sugar scrub to wet skin.
4. Massage sugar scrub into skin using a circular motion. This helps to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells.
5. Rinse well.
6. Pat your skin dry.
Warm Chai Lip Balm
1. Using a double broiler, melt the beeswax, cocoa butter and the fractionated coconut oil until it turns into liquid. Mix the mixture with a wooden craft stick while melting.
2. Remove from the heat once the mixture is liquid.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the liquid.
4. Stir together and pour into lip balm tubes.
Mulled Cider Lip Scrub
Instructions: Mix all of these ingredients together.
1. Massage a small amount of the scrub (the size of half a pea) into your lips.
2. Use small circular motions.
3. Dab off excess.
4. Apply the lip balm to your lips to moisturize.
What’s your favorite way to use essential oils during the holidays? Share with us in the comments below!