Energy Boosting High Protein Quinoa Breakfast Tacos
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Hey there, Fitlifer.
I think we have reached the point in our relationship when I’m ready to say those 3 oh-so special and important words to you…
“I made tacos.”
Furthermore, I’ll even serve you up some breakfast in bed – taco style!
These Quinoa Breakfast Tacos will have you jumping out of bed to start your day because they are filled with tasty flavors and energy promoting ingredients.
Benefits Of Quinoa Breakfast Tacos
- 1 cup cooked quinoa has 8 grams of protein
- Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber
- Contains twice as much fiber as other grains!
- Great source of iron
- Source of lysine, which is essential for tissue growth and repair
- Has a high content of the antioxidant manganese
- Good source of high quality protein
- Rich source of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper
- Help boost your immune system
- Helps cleanse toxic metals from your body
- Packed with antioxidants
- Increases your energy and helps with weight loss
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- High in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels
- Loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
Mmmmm, with a happy belly full of healthy tacos you are well on your way to having a fantastic Fitlife-fueled day. Arriba!
How To Make Quinoa Breakfast Tacos
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup green pepper & red peppers
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ fresh lime, sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 whole grain tortillas, gluten free if desired
- In a skillet, saute the green and red peppers in a bit of coconut oil to soften.
- Add the eggs and scramble together with the peppers.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa and mix well.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven and then make the Quinoa Breakfast Tacos by taking a scoop of the egg and quinoa mixture and placing it in a tortilla.
- Top your taco with avocado, tomato, scallions, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS