Energizing Nut & Berry Coconut Bark Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Stop what you are doing now and get ready for the ultimate snack break by making this sweet, crunchy and divinely satisfying Nut & Berry Coconut Bark.
Not only will it give your sweet tooth a delightful hug, this nutty treat is also chock full of good-for-you ingredients that will leave you energized for hours.
Benefits Of Nut & Berry Coconut Bark
- The healthy fats help to balance your energy, nourish your brain and bring you a sense of focus.
- Boosts your metabolism, helping with weight loss.
- Full of essential amino acids, magnesium and calcium.
- Fatty acids help boost your immunity.
- Fight against viruses.
- Helps kill bacteria.
- Medium-chain fatty acids give you loads of energy!
- Incredibly effective at hydrating your body.
- Stimulates your digestive tract.
- Filled with immune-boosting vitamin C.
- Powerful superfoods!
- Rich in nutrients.
- Loaded with antioxidants and phytochemicals.
- Helps prevent the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis and diabetes.
- Packed with antioxidants, phytosterols and unsaturated fatty acids, which promote a healthy heart.
- High in protein, low saturated fat and high unsaturated fats.
- Good source of dietary fiber, which helps with the digestion of foods.
- Chia Seeds or other seeds.
- Almonds or other nuts.
- Cacao nibs.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Cayenne pepper (for a spicy bite!).
This coconut bark makes a perfect sweet treat that can be enjoyed for not only its scrumptious taste, but also its multiple health benefits!
Nut & Berry Coconut Bark
- 2 ounces coconut butter
- 14 fluid ounces coconut cream
- ¾ cup berries (raspberries, blueberries,
- ½ cup pistachios (chopped)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
- Melt the coconut butter in a glass bowl sitting over a pot of boiling water (bowl should not be touching the water).
- Stir in coconut cream, salt and vanilla.
- Line a tray with baking paper and pour the mixture into the tray. Spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the berries, pistachios and other optional add-ins.
- Freeze until solid, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and break into pieces.
- To store: Airtight container in the freezer.
SHARE this article with a friend now to help sweeten up their day.
Source: Food Matters
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS