Eat Pomegranate To Boost Your Brain Health
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
You know that feeling you get when you open up a highly anticipated present?
You gingerly unwrap the package and then – “AAAAAAH OH MY GOSH YEAAAAAHH!”
That BLISS is beyond enjoyable – am I right!?
Well… since your birthday only comes once a year – and YOU, Fitlifer, deserve to celebrate YOU everyday –
Here is a beautiful present that you can open up EVERY day of the week.
AND it’s edible too!
Welcome to the gift giving POMEGRANATE fruit!
Opening this fruit will give you all of “the feels” when you feast your eyes on it’s bright and juicy seeds.
What Is Pomegranate?
- A fruit bearing small tree that is in the Lythraceae family
- The tree grows to 16 to 26 feet tall!
- Growing season is from September to February (in the Northern Hemisphere)
- Was cultivated in ancient times in Iran and throughout the Mediterranean region and Northern India
- Became more common in the Western markets in the 20th and 21st centuries
- Bears a red-skinned fruit that contains large amounts of small seed-like casings called ‘arils’
- Used for baking, cooking, juice blends, smoothies, garnishes and various beverages
Health Benefits Of Pomegranate
How To Use Pomegranate
From decadent desserts to fresh and crisp salads, here are 5 ideas of how you can incorporate pomegranate into your daily diet:
1. Indulge in these easy to make 3 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Clusters.
2. Make a refreshing and hydrating Pomegranate, Ginger and Lime flavoured water
3. Drink an energizing glass of Organifi Red Juice
4. Chow down on a Pear, Pomegranate and Spinach Salad
5. Start your morning with a Pomegranate Breakfast Parfait
TIP: To prepare your pomegranate… it is easier to separate the seeds from the rinds by:
- Freezing the whole fruit – remove from freezer and take out the seeds
- Place the pomegranate (cut in half) in a large bowl of water to work the seeds out of the rind. The seeds will sink and the rind floats making it easier to separate the two
Have a bright and juicy day!
Organifi Complete Protein is our very own VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, ORGANIC protein powder that doubles as a multivitamin! It’s creamy and delicious. Getting enough daily protein has been shown to help support weight loss, muscle tone, improve immunity and boost energy. Get your bottle here.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS