Easy Ways To Add Coconut Oil To Your Diet You Probably Haven’t Tried
By Brandi Monasco
Coconut oil not only tastes great, but it is incredibly healthy for you too! It is loaded with the “healthy,” good type of saturated fats that provide antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is good for weight loss, preventing cardiovascular disease and also supporting your immune system.
But, even though coconut oil is so good for you, it is still recommended to eat it in moderation; remember, everything in moderation is key!
Here are a few tips to help make sure that you get in the correct amount of coconut oil every day:
1. Add It To Your Coffee. Coconut oil is naturally sweet, so it can be easily used in place of coffee creamer. Simply brew your favorite coffee and put it into a blender when it is finished. Add 1 spoonful of coconut oil and blend. You will be amazed at how rich and creamy your coffee becomes!
2. It Is A Natural Energy Booster. The fatty acids in coconut oil go great with chia seeds. These two together provide a natural energy booster. The chia seeds boost your performance and endurance while the coconut oil goes to work on helping with digestion and your metabolism.
3. Add It To Smoothies. Add a spoonful or two to your fruit smoothies. The coconut oil enhances the flavor of the fruit as well as improves the overall texture. Not only that, but adding coconut oil to your smoothies adds the healthy fats to your diet and you get a boost of cholesterol-fighting compounds!
4. Replace Unhealthy Fats When Baking. Instead of using butter when you bake, replace butter with coconut oil. Use the same amount of coconut oil that the recipe calls for in place of butter. You will be replacing the unhealthy fat with the good fat!
5. “Butter” Your Toast. Again, instead of using butter, use coconut oil in its place. You will get the good fat and the benefits that go along with it. You will also get a great morning energy boost to start your day!
See how easy it is to use coconut oil? What are your favorite ways to use it? Please share with us in the comments below!
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS