Easy Turmeric Milk Recipes
Written by: Kavata Kithome
As a health coach, I am a big advocate for nutrition. I feel that food that is good for you should also be absolutely delicious. The more tasteful and sinfully delicious it is, the better. When something is not only good for you, but also tastes good, it makes it much more enjoyable to eat.
In an effort to find the most decadent, delicious health foods, I found these amazing turmeric milk recipes that I had to share. What’s great about them is that they are incredibly healthy for you.
As you know, here at Fitlife we live for turmeric; we consider it a super star when it comes to its medicinal and anti-inflammatory properties. I have always had turmeric, even as a child; it was the stuff you put in your rice to turn it yellow. Little did I know that this root had super medicinal powers.
Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and helps boost your overall immunity. It has a compound known as curcumin that gives it its powerful edge; not only does it boost your body’s antioxidant count, but it can also help with mental health, heart health and joint health.
Now that I am older and wiser and understand that turmeric is a must-have in your health arsenal, I have been looking for ways to add it to my everyday meals: and thus, turmeric milk was discovered.
Check out these delicious recipes below!
Recipe 1: Turmeric Milk
- 1 cup of coconut milk (almond is okay)
- ¼ - ½ tsp of turmeric powder (you can have it juiced or a tincture will work too)
- 1-2 pinches of fresh ground black pepper
- Coconut oil (optional)
- If you choose to add coconut oil, melt the oil in a pan on very low heat and add the turmeric and black pepper, slowly stir in the turmeric and black pepper and activate the curcumin for increased absorption.
- Add in the milk and heat all the way through before drinking.
Recipe 2: Turmeric Milk
- 1 cup kefir
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1–2 pinches of ground black pepper
- Mix ingredients together and drink.
- If you have digestive and gut issues, this is a great natural remedy for gut restoration.
Try these the next time you are in the mood for something absolutely decadent and share your experiences in the comments below!
Cinnamon And Anise Chocolate Milk
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (I enjoy coconut milk)
- ¼ - ½ (or more) of pure cacao or pure ⅓ raw pure dark chocolate (if you use chocolate, melt it)
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground star anise
- Blend all ingredients in blender
- Put everything in pan and heat all the way through
- Pour and enjoy!
Kavata Kithome is an advocate for living your best life, full of health and longevity. While working closely with gym owners and personal trainers, she was able to sculpt a well-rounded view of fitness and understands how to incorporate it with a healthy balanced diet. She is a regular contributor to the One More Step Lifestyle brand.
Latest posts by Kavata Kithome (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS