Easy To Make Chocolate Cranberry Granola
By Kat Gal
Green smoothies and juices are excellent breakfast choices, but sometimes, you just want something different. There are days you need something more dense. There are days you want something with a crunch. There are days when you want some cereal or granola.
No worries, you can make your own granola easily!
This chocolate cranberry granola is one of my partner’s favorites. He loves the texture and the fact that it is not overwhelmingly sweet, yet still full of flavor. It is also healthy, vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free.
I told you it was easy. 🙂 Let me know what you think when you make it. If you have a super delicious healthy recipe, comment below and maybe that will be my next kitchen experiment.
Chocolate Cranberry Granola
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten-free
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup dates, chopped
- ⅛ cup dried coconut
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (could omit or use another liquid sweetener)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp water (or as needed)
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and combine the wet in a small bowl. Add the wet to the dry and mix well, making sure all the dry ingredients are coated in the wet mixture, add extra water if needed.
- Bake for an hour or until completely dry, stirring once halfway to ensure even baking. Allow to cool then store in a container in the cupboard. Excellent with chopped fruit and almond milk!
Kat Gál is the creator of Long Distance Relationship Help, a site which offers tips, tools, inspiration and resources to create a successful and happy relationships, no matter where in the world you may be. She knows from personal experience that love is possible despite the miles, you just have to navigate your way around it. She is passionate about the world and finds her creativity outlet as a writer and educator. You can follow her on her website and her Facebook page.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS