Easy Steps to Creating a Protein Smoothie to Start Your Day
By Steve Fillmore
Drinking a protein smoothie is a great way to start off your day. A protein smoothie can supply your bones, muscles and cells with sufficient amounts of protein and help keep you healthy and fit.
Here’s a simple 3 step guide to making your best protein smoothie.
1. Use high quality protein – Not all protein powders are created equally. There are many protein powders out on the market that are filled with synthetic fillers and artificial sweeteners such as Sucralose. And let’s not forget all the artificial colors that can be in those protein powders. When shopping for protein powders, make sure you read the labels and look for all natural. One of the better sources to get protein is an online company called True Nutrition where they make custom blended protein powders.
2. Add some nuts and seeds – If you like your smoothie to be extra creamy, add a few nuts like almonds or cashews. Also, adding hemp and chia seeds will add a nice texture to your smoothie. An added bonus to adding these is that they are already loaded with protein and good fats. Good fats help keep your brain alert.
3. Get super – Add a few superfoods such as kale, spinach or goji berries. A great benefit to goji berries is that they are rich in antioxidants and they help with eye health. Adding all those greens will supply your body with all kinds of nutrition that your body needs.
Start your day with a Super Green Protein Smoothie!
Green Nutty Smoothie
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 serving vanilla protein (True Nutrition)
- 1 handful kale or spinach
- ½ cup of goji berries
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tbsp raw almond or cashew butter
- Throw all ingredients into blender and enjoy.
- If smoothie is a little too thick in consistency, simply add a little more almond or coconut milk.
Steve Fillmore is a 2-time cancer THRIVER! His motto in life is: Love, Laugh, Live - Love yourself first; Laugh through all the crazy times; Live for life right now! Through proper diet, exercise and mindfulness, Steve has been able to recreate his body to work with and for him.
For fun, you can find Steve either teaching a Zumba class, or creating websites for clients.
Latest posts by Steve Fillmore (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS