Easy Quinoa Side Dish
Written by: Ricky Elmer
Quinoa has been called the ‘Supergrain of the Future,’ but its consumption dates back to more than 3 thousand years ago when the Incas first started to utilize its beneficial qualities.
In particular, the Incas believed that quinoa gave their warriors strength and stamina. It makes sense though, considering just how impactful quinoa can be.
What Quinoa Has To Offer:
- It’s rich in Magnesium
- Has high content of manganese
- Contains iron
- Is one of the most protein-rich foods out there
- Contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains
As you can see, quinoa is extremely healthy for you and can give you quite a mineral/vitamin-filled kick. Who would have thought such a small food could grant you the strength of a warrior?
Now, it is possible for quinoa to be used as a main dish, of course, but it also makes a great side dish that can compliment a number of main courses. This recipe in particular allows for you to use it as a quick side dish and only takes about 20 minutes to make.
This easy recipe will allow for you to serve a side dish that is not only healthy for you, but also delicious and absolutely satisfying! Give it a try and let us know how it goes!
Easy Quinoa Side Dish
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 dash fresh lemon juice (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in quinoa and toast, occasionally stirring, until it turns light brown (around 5 minutes). Pour in broth and stir until boiling. Reduce to a simmer and cover, cooking it for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa turns tender.
- In a bowl, add quinoa with thyme, onion, garlic, parsley and onion. Squirt lemon juice on top and serve.
Rick Elmer is a freelance writer from Texas who enjoys learning about health and nutrition while striving to make the world a better place. He is passionate about music, meditation, art, traveling the world and helping those around him.
Latest posts by Rick Elmer (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS