34 Science-Backed Reasons You Should Drink This Turmeric Tonic Every Morning
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Well, HELLO there, 2016 – welcome!
If you are anything like me, you look at the beginning of the year as a fresh start. A time when you can instill new healthy routines, exercise more regularly, take action to achieve your goals and take the reigns of the new year to show it who’s boss.
Am I right or am I right?
However, there is a reality in all this… and for me, that reality is figuring out how to “do it all” without draining my backpacker’s bank account. I’ve been “on the go” traveling for the better part of 2 years, which means the majority of my money gets funneled right into my adventures.
BUT, I also want to remain as healthy and vibrant as possible. Can you relate with trying to stay healthy on a budget? Don’t worry, I’ve got your back.
Last year, I spent the first 3 days of 2015 doing the 3 Day 3 Dollar Detox, which was VERY effective, but also highly challenging. This year, I wanted to keep within the theme of “simple and cheap,” so I headed to my cabinets and whipped up this $1 healing tonic.
WHAT Is The $1.00 Healing Tonic?
It is a simple blend of 4 natural and powerful ingredients that you can quickly and easily make anytime – anywhere. This tonic can jumpstart your morning by hydrating your body while also helping you get rid of “the gunk” – AKA the toxins that cause you to feel weak, tired and foggy-brained.
WHY Does It Work?
The basic $1 Healing Tonic uses the following 4 ingredients. Check out the benefits of each ingredient below:
- Hydrates your body and brain cells
- Generates energy
- Lubricates skin and tissues
- Removes toxins
- Promotes weight loss by boosting your metabolism
- Improves your digestive health
- Balances your lymph system
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated
- Click HERE for the shocking signs you are not drinking enough water
|Fresh Lemon Juice
- Rich in immunity-boosting vitamin C
- Great source of antioxidants
- Helps fights the formation of free radicals (that can cause cancer)
- Reduces inflammation
- Enhances enzyme function and stimulates your liver to flush out toxins
- The pectin fiber in lemon helps fight hunger cravings
- Excellent source of potassium, which is good for brain, nerve and heart function
|Apple Cider Vinegar
- Balances your entire inner body system by maintaining a healthy alkaline pH level
- Creates an overall detoxification of the body
- Breaks up mucus and cleanses your lymph nodes
- Helps with weight loss
- Improves digestive health
- Promotes fat burning
- Kills harmful bacteria that make you feel weak and tired
- It is a diuretic, which removes excess liquids from your body and reduces bloatedness
- Contains curcumin, a powerful anti-inflammatory
- Has antioxidant properties
- Natural liver detoxifier
- Purifies your blood
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Fights infection
- Supports healthy bones, ligaments and joints
- Helps soothe digestive problems such as indigestion and heartburn
How To Make The $1.00 Healing Tonic
Basic Tonic Recipe: Place all ingredients in a shaker cup or glass and blend.
|15 ounces of filtered water
||Cost: appx. $.04 ($.29 for 1 gallon (128 ounces) at fill station at major grocery stores)
|1 organic lemon
||Cost: $.67 ($3.99 for a bag of 6)
|1 teaspoon organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
||Cost:$.03 ($2.92 for 16 fl ounces = 96 teaspoons)
|¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
||Cost: appx. $.07 ($3.79 for 2.38 ounces = 14.28 teaspoons = 57 ¼ teaspoon servings )
||ONLY $.81 !!
Woohooooo you have $.19 left to spend… try adding one of these boosters to create your personalized tonic. Experiment with the ingredients and amounts until you find a tonic that suits your tastes.
Supercharge Your Tonic With:
- Cinnamon: Loaded with antioxidants, has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and helps fight bacterial and fungal infections.
- Raw Local Honey: Contains antioxidants, enzymes and minerals, promotes the growth of good bacteria in your intestines, helps with pollen allergies, blocks free radicals and is a good sleep aid.
- Cayenne Pepper: Stimulates the digestive tract and is an effective digestive aid, stimulates circulation and detox, anti-bacterial properties and supports weight loss.
Once you have YOUR one-of-a-kind Healing Tonic, you will be ready to jumpstart your mornings.
Don’t forget to SHARE your personalized tonic below in the comments.
Cheers to a healthy New Year!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS