Overnight Oats For An Easy Breakfast Recipe
Easy Breakfast Recipe: Overnight Oats
Written by: Kat Gal
The alarm goes off. You hit snooze. Then snooze again. Then eventually you have to get out of bed… but oh nooo, now it’s too late. You have such a short amount of time to get ready and be out the door that you don’t have time to make breakfast… again…
But what if breakfast just made itself?
Okay, so I can’t offer you a breakfast fairy, but I have a solution that can help you pretend there is one and wake up for ready-made breakfast every morning.
Here is how you can make Overnight Oats – and never go hungry in the morning again!
- ½ cup of rolled oats (you can also use quick oats and GF varieties)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- ½ cup of non-dairy yogurt
- ½ cup of cup of nondairy milk of your choice
- Sweetener of your choice, if and as desired (raw honey, pure maple syrup, date paste and coconut sugar are good options)
- ½ cup of fruit of your choice (tip: add different fruits each day to mix it up)
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Cacao nibs, cacao powder, carob powder, coconut flakes, etc. (optional, anything you desire and as much as you desire)
1. If you are using chia and/or hemp seeds, mix them together. If not, just use your oats. Add your oats or oat-chia/hemp mix into the bottom of a mason jar or other lidded container of choice. Add your choice of yogurt on the top.
2. Add your fruits.
3. Add the milk.
4. Stir it all together with a spoon.
5. Put the lid on.
6. Shake the jar.
7. Put it in your fridge and refrigerate overnight.
8. In the morning you can add your sweetener, cinnamon, cacao nibs, cacao or carob powder, coconut flakes or anything else you may desire.
Oats are an especially nice and filling breakfast in the fall and winter time with good carbs from the oats, the fruits providing vitamins and the milk, yogurt and seeds giving you plenty of protein and healthy fat to feel satisfied.
I challenge you to make this recipe this week. Let us know how you like it and how much time it saved you in the morning. Share in the comments below. As always, we’d love to hear from you.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS