Easy and Delicious – Organic Hamburger Rice
By Sara Wylie
The other day I was home with my mother and we were in need of something to eat for a nice, substantial dinner. We weren’t interested or in the mood to make anything complicated or time consuming, so we improvised just a little bit…
And created an easy, delicious quinoa dish!
The whole process takes about a half an hour, but that’s mostly because of the time it takes to brown the meat and get the rice and quinoa cooked. We used only organic ingredients for the entire recipe and the dish as a whole offers nothing but benefits.
What To Gain From This Meal:
- Brown Rice – Though popular and tasty, white rice is actually heavily processed and basically stripped of all its nutrients. Brown rice is natural and is rich in selenium, manganese, antioxidants and fiber. It also promotes weight loss, stabilizes blood sugar levels and has also been known to prevent candida overgrowth.
- Quinoa – Quinoa is amazingly healthy and is a great additive to many different meals. It is one of the most protein-rich foods, it contains high amounts of fiber, iron, lysine and magnesium and is very energy dense, helping you feel fuller for longer, which contributes to weight loss.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil has so many benefits, it’s not even funny. Some of its awesome benefits include hair and skin care, boosting the immune system, regulating metabolism, bringing stress relief, it has been known to help with kidney problems, heart disease, diabetes and even cancer and also has powerful antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt – This particular form of sea salt is packed with vitamins and minerals that help bring about its potent benefits. Pink Himalayan sea salt helps increase hydration, create electrolyte balance, prevent muscle cramping, lower blood pressure, strengthen bones, improve circulation, aid metabolism functioning and so much more.
This only begins the list of what these fantastic ingredients can do for your life and your body. Give this yummy, simple, nutritious meal a try for one of your dinners this week when you need something nice and easy and let us know how it goes in the comments below!
Organic Hamburger Rice
Organic Hamburger Rice
- Brown Rice - 1 cup (cooked)
- Quinoa - ¾ cup (cooked)
- Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Real Grass-Fed Butter - 2 tbsp.
- Hamburger Meat - 1 lb.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt - Dash or two
- If needed (not pre-cooked), cook the brown rice and quinoa and mix together.
- Pour coconut oil into frying pan then brown the hamburger meat, mashing it into crumbled portions.
- Combine and mix the brown rice, quinoa and hamburger meat together in frying pan.
- Add the butter, then let fry for a 1-2 minutes.
- Top off with a few dashes of sea salt.
- Add a large side of veggies to complete your meal…
- Serve and enjoy!
Sara Wylie resides in Utah where she is currently working as an Editorial Intern for Fitlife.tv while also pursuing a career in writing. She hopes that through her words and fiery passion, she will be able to not only inspire others to seek out and nourish their own passions, but to also help others feel what it’s like to truly be alive.
Latest posts by Sara Wylie (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS