Easy 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Last fall, it was all about the “PSL.”
You couldn’t enter a coffee shop without advertisements screaming in your face to enjoy the ever-so-popular pumpkin spice latte.
However, this fall there is a new taste in town… the PPIC!
That’s right, pumpkin pie ice cream is the flavor that is begging to dominate your taste buds this autumn.
Unlike the PSL, which is full of dairy and refined sugar, this PPIC is dairy free, vegan and made with a healthier sugar alternative.
Check it out below!
Benefits Of Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- A great alternative for people who have dairy sensitivities or allergies
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties
- Full of antioxidants
- Easy to digest
- Stimulates your metabolism
- Excellent source of fiber: helps your stay fuller longer
- Packed with vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system
- Full of the antioxidant beta-carotene
- Helps neutralize free radicals
- When your body has too many free radicals, it causes cell damage, which can accelerate the progression of cancer and other diseases
- Helps protect your skin from the sun’s wrinkle-causing UV rays (thanks to the beta-carotene!)
- Supplies some trace mineral and antioxidants
- A more natural, unrefined product than cane and other sugars
- Provides inflammation-reducing polyphenol antioxidants
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk (15 ounces each)
- 1 cup pumpkin (home-roasted or canned)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
OPTION 1: Ice Cream Machine
1. Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into the ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- Approximately 30 minutes.
3. Cover the ice cream and put into the freezer to allow to further harden for 1-2 hours.
OPTION 2: WITHOUT Ice Cream Maker
1. Pour the blended ice cream mixture into an uncovered container and put in the freezer.
2. EVERY 30 minutes, vigorously stir the mixture and place it back in the freezer.
- Continue stirring every 30 minutes for 3 hours.
3. Store ice cream in a covered container until ready to serve.
TIP: For the best flavor and texture, this ice cream is best eaten FRESH (shortly after it is made).
Do you have a favorite PUMPKIN recipe? Please SHARE with us in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS