Drop Kale Chips, THESE Chips Are What You Want!
By Lindsay Sibson
Sometimes you need a salty and crunchy snack. I feel ya.
Unfortunately, store-bought bagged snack “foods” are loaded with icky ingredients that do absolutely nothing to nourish your body.
But don’t go pouting just yet – I have the perfect solution for you!
Kale chips made quite a splash over the past few years as being a healthy chip alternative. BUT, if you have “been there, done that,” it’s time to move on to the new “chip” in town…
Brussels Sprout Chips!
These salty chips are the perfect snack when you are looking for that CRUNCH.
Better yet, they are chock full of good-for-you nutrients. Check ‘em out!
WHAT Are Brussels Sprouts?
- A member of the Gemmifera group of cabbages, which are grown for their edible buds.
- Leafy green vegetables that resemble miniature cabbages.
- Named for a city in Belgium, where they were first referenced in the 1200’s!
- A cool weather crop with a nutty, earthy taste.
Benefits Of Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts are rich in many valuable nutrients and are an excellent source of numerous vitamins and minerals:
Brussels Sprout Chips
- 2 cups of brussels sprout leaves (outer leaves only)
- 2 tbsp of melted ghee or grass-fed butter (alternative: olive oil)
- Sea salt to taste
- Optional: spices to taste (pepper, garlic, cayenne, turmeric, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the brussels sprout leaves, ghee (or oil) and salt (spices).
- Line 2 large baking trays with parchment and divide the leaves evenly in a SINGLE layer on each tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown and the leaves are crispy.
These Brussels Sprouts Chips can certainly make YOU and your family big fans of this healthy vegetable. Try them out TODAY!
Do NOT use the turmeric spice in your cupboard as a health supplement. Many spices are adulterated with carcinogens, GMO corn, dyes, and even sawdust!
Choose a super critically extracted, Organic, Non-GMO turmeric supplement like this one.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS