Drink This Juice For Glowing Skin!
Written by: Osha Key
Article source: Mind Body Green
One of the reasons why the skin becomes dull and saggy is decreasing collagen in the skin as we age. One of my favorite ways to boost collagen production is by making this “Glowing Skin” juice with the following ingredients:
- Red cabbage, orange and lime are very high in vitamin C which helps boost collagen, and powerful antioxidants, which protect cells from free radical damage.
- Beetroot contains zinc and copper which are vital for a healthy skin. Beetroot also helps cleanse and restore the liver, which is considered a primary detoxifying organ. Skin and liver health are closely connected.
- Ginger reduces inflammation and will help if you have any redness or puffiness on your face. Studies have shown that ginger contains pharmacological properties of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It also contains antioxidant properties, which help protect your cells from inflammation.
- Cucumbers are very hydrating (contain 96% water). Hydration is vital for healthy soft supple skin. Cucumbers have not received as much press as other vegetables in terms of health benefits, but this widely cultivated food provides us with a unique combination of nutrients. At the top of the phytonutrient list for cucumbers are its cucurbitacins, lignans, and flavonoids. These three types of phytonutrients found in cucumbers provide us with valuable antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer benefits.
- Carrots provide antioxidant beta-carotene which is great for skin. However, these delicious root vegetables are the source not only of beta-carotene, but also of a wide variety of antioxidants and other health-supporting nutrients.
So when it comes to skin, this juice is the whole package.
Article source: Mind Body Green
Glowing Skin Juice
- ½ small red cabbage
- 1 medium beetroot
- 1 carrot
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 large orange
- ½ lime
- 2 inches of ginger
- Wash and prep the ingredients. Use organic if possible.
- Run all the ingredients, except citrus, though the juicer. Squeeze orange and lime using a citrus juicer or with your hands.
- Combine the juicer contents and the squeezed citrus juice in a glass.
Image source: Period Vitamin
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury.
It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician.
Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS