Drink Hot Lemonade With Ginger And Garlic To Stop Your Cold Today
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
In my quest to achieve optimal health, I’ve combined some pretty strange things and have made numerous funky concoctions.
I’ll hold my nose if I have to to get some of this “stuff” down.
It’s all in the name of GREAT health – right?
Lucky for you, this unlikely combination of lemonade and garlic is massively remedying when you are feeling under the weather.
As strange as this combination sounds, it has a pleasant taste and an even more pleasant soothing effect on your cold and flu symptoms.
Check out how these ingredients work to keep your body happy and healthy:
Benefits Of Hot & Remedying Lemonade
- Contains a compound called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties
- Boosts the function of your immune system
- Highly nutritious with few calories
- Contains manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, selenium, calcium, copper, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1
- Helps prevent and reduce common illnesses
- Powerful anti-inflammatory effects
- Can ease nausea
- Reduces muscle pain
- Can help treat chronic indigestion
- Acts as a blood purifier and cleansing agent
- Protects against inflammation
- Has many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and protein
- Helps boost your immune system
- Contains natural antioxidants, enzymes and minerals needed for a healthy digestive system
- Iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and selenium
- Vitamins found in honey include vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and niacin
- The nutraceuticals contained in honey help neutralize damaging free radical activity
- Regular consumption of honey helps maintain the flow of your digestion
How To Make Hot & Healing Lemonade
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 4 cups filtered water
Prepare: Boil the water, mince and grate the garlic and ginger.
1. In glass jar, add the garlic and ginger.
- Pour the boiling water into the jar and cover with a lid.
- Seep for 30 minutes.
2. Strain this mixture with a fine mesh strainer into another jar.
3. Add the lemon juice and honey to the mixture.
4. Drink up immediately for cold relief!
Storage: You can also store in the refrigerator for later use – but serve it hot by heating in up on the stove.
Drink 1 to 4 cups of this Hot & Remedying Lemonade throughout the day to immediately ease cold symptoms and boost your immune system.
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS