Don’t Miss Out On This Deliciously Healthy Unicorn Smoothie
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
They are E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E and in everything. You can eat them, drink them, wear them…
You name it – and there is most likely a unicorn version of it!
As pretty as a “Unicorn Frappucino” may look, it’s OVERLOADED with refined sugars and other additives that will wreck your health.
But since you are a smart and health-wise Fitlifer, you already know that with a bit of creativity in the kitchen, there can ALWAYS be a healthy alternative.
The Unicorn Smoothie recipe below is ONLY made with good-for-you ingredients (no refined sugar here!).
Check out how to make your very own health-BOOSTING Unicorn Smoothie:
Health Benefits Of A Unicorn Magic-Shake
- Packed with probiotics, which are great for your digestive system
- Loaded with B12, which is necessary for energy and healthy brain function
- Contains protein
- Full on iodine, which is important for proper thyroid function (which is essential for a healthy metabolism)
- High in calcium
- Helps regulate your body’s output of cortisol
- Too much cortisol can lead to weight gain
- Naturally fat and cholesterol-free
- Has a high potassium content – great for your nerve and muscle function
- Contains a good amount of vitamin C
- Contains fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy and regular bowel movements
- Excellent source of antioxidant-promoting vitamin C and manganese
- Good source of dietary fiber, iodine and folate
- Rich in copper, potassium, biotin, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B6 and omega-3 fatty acids
- High levels of phytochemicals – naturally occurring nutrients that help protect cells from damage
- Excellent antioxidant power, which protects your body from inflammation and free radicals
- Loaded with fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer
- Helps prevent the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis and diabetes
- Low in calories, but high in nutrients
- Filled with immune-boosting vitamin C and vitamin K
- Coconut milk is packed with nutrients such as magnesium and potassium
- Coconut milk does not need to be fully digested first before your body can use it
- Great source of energy for your brain
- Excellent source of plant-based iron
- High in healthy fats, such as lauric acid
- Naturally derived sweetener
- Zero calories and aids in weight loss
- Protects oral health and helps avoid cavities
- Prevents certain forms of cancer
- Reduces blood sugar
How To Make A Unicorn Magic-shake
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 banana, frozen
- ¼ cup strawberries, frozen
- ¼ cup nondairy milk (almond, coconut…)
- 2-4 ice cubes
- Liquid stevia drops (to desired sweetness)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup blueberries, frozen
1. In a high speed blender, combine all of the ingredients for the blue layer and process until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop out the mixture and set aside.
2. Clean the blender and then add all of the ingredients for the pink layer and process until well combined.
3. In a large glass, spoon the blue mixture onto the side of the glass from the bottom to the top to create a swirl.
4. Pour in the pink mixture into the cup and top off with the whipped topping.
5. To make the whipped topping, open the can of cold coconut cream and scooped out the solid part (leave behind the liquid). Place into a bowl.
- Use a beater to whip the coconut cream until it becomes silky and fluffy.
- Add the stevia and vanilla and whip it together again.
For extra pizazz and sparkle, sprinkle on edible glitter of finely chipped pieces of your favorite dried fruit.
One final thought…
“Magical people bring out the magic in people.”
Now go on and SHARE your magic by sharing this article with your family and friends!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS