Do THIS To Lose Weight
Written by: Kat Gal
Do THIS To Lose Weight
So, you have been doing everything right. You are juicing, drinking your green smoothies, making whole food organic meals, taking probiotics, exercising, sleeping and so on – or at least trying your best – yet you are still not losing weight.
You are frustrated. I don’t blame you. It is upsetting when you are doing all the right things without getting the desired results.
What is missing? What on earth could you be doing wrong?
Well, the truth is that it’s not what you are doing… It’s what you are not doing.
If you aren’t showing love to your body, then it affects how well you are able to lose weight, which impacts the rest of your results.
You absolutely have to love your body first before you can get the body you desire. You have to love your body before it becomes natural for you to maintain the body you are working so hard to achieve.
But isn’t loving your body as it is now just giving up? If you love it now, why would you want to change it?
Not at all! Loving your body now simply means that you are grateful, forgiving, gentle and kind to it. Loving your body means you take care of it, nourish it, nurture it and speak to and about it positively. You can still want progress and create something better and healthier with love. In fact, you should be doing this in all areas of your life regularly!
You may believe that your body is the cause of how you feel about yourself. However, the truth is that your body is a result of how you actually feel.
If you don’t love and respect your body, it will be difficult for you to practice self-care. If you don’t love your body, you will have little reason to eat healthy, exercise and do other self-loving practices.
Lack of self-love creates a negative cycle. By having a body you dislike, feeling bad, speaking and thinking negatively and acting out of duty (or not acting at all) makes your body turn out the same old results, therefore continuing to give you the body you dislike…
But it doesn’t have to stay that way! YOU can change this. YOU have the power to create a positive cycle that will bring you forward, closer to your goals and deeper in love.
If you start loving your body the way it is now, you will also start respecting it. You will want to actually take care of it. Eating healthy, exercising, resting and so on will come easier for you. Healthy self-care practices will become a way of showing love for your body, rather than a way to attack the body you dislike.
This loving self-care will become non-negotiable and natural. Your body will respond by transforming into its ideal and healthy shape naturally.
Your body is always listening to your thoughts. If you are constantly feeling bad, thinking shamefully and speaking angry about it, it will listen. Your body will have no reason to change in a positive way.
However, if you start feeling love, thinking kindly and speaking happily about your body, following it up with positive actions, your body will respond with positive transformation.
Notice that I am not saying that eating healthy is not important. Action is crucial. Eating healthy, living naturally, detoxing, exercising, resting and so on are imperative for health. But if you are doing these things out of duty and without love, not only will it be extremely difficult to maintain, but your results won’t be the best either.
All components are important for total body – lasting – transformation from within. But it starts with your view of yourself.
Here are 8 ways you can show love to your body today…
- Stop judging. Throw away the scale. Stop comparing your body to pictures in magazines, to your friends, celebrities or even to your past self. Just accept it where it is, lovingly, and go from there.
- Create affirmations. Affirmations are powerful when it comes to creating change in your life. “I love and respect my body. I am grateful for my body for protecting me and giving me a home. I honor my body by treating it right.” Repeat these affirmations daily.
- Touch your body. I am not talking about sexually – though that’s not bad either. But get to know your body. Discover your body physically and emotionally. Caress it. Discover the dimples, the bones, the pudgy parts, the muscles, the scars, the cellulite, the moles and everything else. Love it as it is. Because YOU are beautiful, just as you are.
- Look at your body as your best friend. Develop an emotional connection with your body as if it was you best friend. Because it is! It has been there with you since even before your actual birth, giving you a home. It has tolerated a lot of abuse and mistreatment. It is still and always there. It deserves love, hugs and nurturing.
- Listen to your body. Your body has an innate wisdom. It is always sending you important messages. If your body is hurting, consider the reasons why and make changes accordingly. If your body needs sleep, rest, water, food, exercise, just give it to it. Honor and respect the messages of your body.
- Move your body. Don’t look at exercise as punishment, but instead view it as something fun. Don’t force yourself to do something you dislike, but do what you enjoy. If you hate weightlifting, but love running, go run and don’t lift. Dancing, walking, kickboxing, yoga, hooping, biking or whatever your thing is, do that. Be gentle. Be loving. Do what feels right and what makes you feel alive.
- Sleep. We all need sleep. Your body is working all day. Even if you are sitting at a desk not moving much, your brain is focusing, your body is digesting, your heart is pumping and so on. Your body needs rest and you should honor it by giving it to it. Try to get 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Nourish your body with good food. Proper whole food nutrition is crucial to help with ailments and to keep your body healthy and functioning. You will gain energy, happiness, mental clarity and freedom by eating right. Your body will thank you.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS