Detox Naturally With This Home Spa Treatment
By Kirsten Cowart
On the path to creating the most healthy lifestyle comes the common issue of removing toxins from the body. Heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides and many other contaminants can be found in your water, air, food and cleaning agents.
- 2,100 toxins, including pesticides, herbicides, PCBs and medications have been found in our water supply.
- 80,000 metric tons of carcinogens are released into the air annually in North America.
- Over 80% of food have genetically modified ingredients
- The EPA estimates the average US citizen has residues from over 400 toxic compounds in their body.
- 82,000 chemicals are in use today in the US, but only a fourth have ever been tested for toxicity (information from Vanessa Romero).
Your skin is the largest organ you have and is your biggest line of defence against the toxins in our environment. Unfortunately, if you come in direct contact with these toxins, your skin will often act like a sponge and absorb the chemicals right into your skin, capillaries and the small layer of fat under your skin.
In order to get rid of these toxins, we recommend a home spa treatment once per week for twenty minutes.
What you will need:
Here are some bonus benefits of the weekly home spa treatment!
Home Spa Treatment
- A hot or warm bath full of water
- 1 handful of epsom or sea salt
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- ½ cup of baking soda
- Mix these all together in the water and then enjoy your relaxing home spa treatment. This bath will draw out the toxins in your skin, balance you pH and help lower your stress levels.
- While easing stress, you will find improved sleep and concentration.
- Helps muscle and nerve function.
- Regulates the activity of 325+ enzymes.
- The bath will help prevent blood clots and artery hardening.
- Make insulin more effective in absorbing sugar.
- Relieve pain and cramps by reducing inflammation.
- Improve oxygen absorption
- Flush toxins away.
- Improve absorption of nutrients.
- Help form needed joint proteins, brain tissues and mucin proteins.
- Helps prevent or ease migraine and other headaches.
Try it out today, you deserve it! And let us know in the comments below what you find.
Kirsten Cowart is a writer and researcher that has worked in the spiritual, mental health and medical fields.Kirsten enjoys studying and experiencing the benefits of yoga, meditation, nutrition, herbalism, organic gardening and alternative health.She worked hard in 2014 losing over 40 lbs. and has since maintained a healthy lifestyle.Follow her to learn more about her journey on Twitter, Facebook & Youtube!
Latest posts by Kirsten Campbell (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS