Detox Liver.. :/
How Do I Detox?
Your liver detox is one of your most important organs. It’s like a processing plant for the body. Raw materials such as nutrients are absorbed from the gut to the liver where they are processed, transformed, stored, detoxified and transported to the rest of the body.
My Liver Detox, will it help with bile regeneration?
The liver also excretes bile. Bile helps carry away waste products from the liver. There are more than 500 vital functions of the liver including:
- Production of bile, which helps carry away waste and break down fats in the small intestine during digestion
- Production of certain proteins for blood plasma
- Production of cholesterol and special proteins to help carry fats through the body
- Conversion of excess glucose into glycogen for storage (glycogen can later be converted back to glucose for energy)
- Regulation of blood levels of amino acids, which form the building blocks of proteins
- Processing of hemoglobin for use of its iron content (the liver stores iron)
- Conversion of poisonous ammonia to urea (urea is an end product of protein metabolism and is excreted in the urine)
- Clearing the blood of drugs and other poisonous substances to detox liver
- Regulating blood clotting through a detox liver
- Resisting infections by producing immune factors and removing bacteria from the bloodstream
Keeping your liver healthy is a vital. Here are ten tips to detoxify and rejuvenate you liver:
1) Coffee enemas: There's no better assurance of efficacy and safety than knowing Max Gerson used coffee enemas to detox the liver while curing cancer. The Gerson health protocol uses it daily still, and so does Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez with his alternative cancer therapy based on Dr. William Donald Kelley's earlier groundbreaking cancer therapy.
2) One nutrient that has been the focus of related research and which shows the greatest promise for liver health has curiously not yet attained the level of popularity enjoyed by milk thistle; it is: alpha lipoic acid.
3) Glutathione: The master antioxidant. You must ingest precursors to synthesize glutathione in the liver because it can't get past the GI.
All meats are high in cysteine, but unless you can go truly organic, the hormones and toxins will virtually neutralize GSH. Watermelon, walnuts, avocado, asparagus, broccoli, and tomato are good choices for glutathione enhancement, as are many dark green leafy vegetables. Ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, wheat germ and oat flakes round out this list.
4) Milk thistle and dandelion root: These two natural herbs are commonly used to protect and cleanse the liver. Milk thistle is the protector, and dandelion root is the cleanser. They can be taken separately, but many liver supplements contain both. These herbs can be taken regularly over time with or without obvious liver issues.
5) Vitamin C: Vitamin C is great for liver health. Earlier studies have shown large quantities of vitamin C flush out fats and repair liver damage.
6) Lecithin: This helps the liver emulsify fats. You can use sunflower lecithin if want to avoid soy based lecithin, but non-GMO soy lecithin granules are used for encapsulating ascorbic acid.
7) B complex: All the Bs are helpful, especially B12, which has been used to help hepatitis patients. But you need the right type of B12 administered the right way separately from other B supplements.
8 ) Lemon water: Start out the day with a half glass of warm strong lemon or lime water without any sweetener. Chinese medicine promotes sour tasting food as conducive to liver health. The warm lemon/lime water stimulates a sluggish liver.
9) Avoid or minimize alcohol and all over the counter and prescribed pain suppressant drugs containing acetaminophen, a known liver toxin.
Also, if you liked the video.. give it a thumbs up. It helps me get health into more peoples hearts. Thanks!
Check out these amazing juice recipes. You can find more "Detox Liver" recipes at Juicing Vegetables on Facebook.
Remember, we're in this together...