Delicious Detox Salad With Quinoa, Apple & Avocado
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Get ready, because you are about to eat a bowl full of happiness that will make your body smile from the inside out!
This detoxing salad is chock full of superfood ingredients that will nourish you, cleanse you and energize you.
But before you sink your teeth into its greatness, check out these incredible health benefits:
Benefits Of Detox Salad With Quinoa, Apple & Avocado
- Low in fat and cholesterol
- High in niacin and zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese
- Helps lower your risk of numerous health problems related to oxidative stress
- Contain a wide variety of phytonutrients with anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- Extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids and dietary fiber
- Helps reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes and heart disease
- Fiber content helps with digestion
- Also helps lower cholesterol
- 1 cup cooked quinoa has 8 grams of protein
- Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber
- Rich content of omega-3 fatty acids
- Excellent source of dietary minerals
- Great source of B vitamins
- Packed with fiber
- High in quality protein
- Can help reduce inflammation
- Have a load of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assist with blood sugar control
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
How To Make Detox Salad With Quinoa, Apple & Avocado
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 red apple, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds, chopped
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground white pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
2. In a large bowl, place the salad greens and then top with the avocado, quinoa and apples.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and then top with chia seeds and almonds.
Tasty, satisfying and DETOXING. What more can you ask for in a salad?
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS