Crisp And Refreshing Mint Basil “Mocktail” For Hot Summer Days
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Spring is here and summer is right around the corner, which means warmer weather, more sunshine and lounging around on the beach (hopefully).
For those hot and sweaty days when you need a cold and refreshing drink, look no further than mixing up this cold and crisp mint basil “mocktail.”
Benefits Of A Mint Basil “Mocktail”
- Helps with the digestion of food
- Protects your eyes from aging and infection
- Rejuvenates skin
- Prevents heart disease
- Acts as a blood purifier and cleansing agent
- Protects against inflammation
- Has many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and protein
- Promotes digestion
- A natural stimulant that gives your brain an energizing boost
- Can improve the activity of your brain
- Has a cooling and soothing effect
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- Source of vitamin K, vitamin A and other powerful antioxidants
- Contains oils and flavonoids that protect the body from illness and infection
NOTE: If you want to make it and drink it right away, place the ingredients into the bowl and muddle together (lightly mash). This releases the juices from the lemons and limes and the essence of the basil and mint. Add to the water and stir/shake.
Mint Basil “Mocktail”
- 4 limes, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- Handful of mint
- Handful of basil
- Filtered water
- Glass jar with lid
- Optional: stevia to taste (if a sweeter taste is preferred)
- Chop up greens (basil and mint) and place into glass jar.
- Add sliced lemon and lime.
- Pour filtered water into glass jar until full.
- Secure lid and place in refrigerator overnight to infuse.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
There ya have it! Any hour of the day can be Happy Hour with this delicious “mocktail!”
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS