Creamy Roasted Garlic & Cauliflower Soup (Gut And Immune Boosting & Vegan)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Your body has the incredible power to heal itself – how freaking cool is that?!
Whether your body is fighting off a germ-y invader or creating new tissue and skin to heal a cut, your body is relentless in working to make you feel GREAT.
More importantly, WHAT you fuel your body with determines where or not it can effectively do its job.
“Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be food.” Preach Hippocrates, preach!
EVERYTHING (and I mean everything) that you put IN, on and around your body is either helping or harming your health.
Therefore, it is uber important to have an arsenal of recipes to provide your body with the elements it needs to “get the job done.”
This creamy soup recipe tastes divine, boosts your immune system, helps heal your gut and will “be thy medicine” with each and every spoonful.
Benefits Of Creamy Roasted Garlic & Cauliflower Soup
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Source of vitamin C, vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium and manganese
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Improves blood pressure and kidney function
- A good source of choline, a B vitamin known for its role in brain development
- Has dietary fiber, which supports proper digestive health
- Aids in detoxification
- Contains a compound called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties
- Boosts the function of your immune system
- Highly nutritious with few calories
- Contains manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, selenium, calcium, copper, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1
- Helps prevent and reduce common illnesses
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Contains oleocanthal, which helps reduce inflammation and prevents cancer
- Great source of polyphenols, powerful antioxidants
- Helps calcium absorption and with keeping your bones strong
- A great alternative for people who have dairy sensitivities or allergies
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties
- Full of antioxidants
- Easy to digest
- Stimulates your metabolism
- Improves heart health by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure
- Helps you build muscle and lose fat
- Provides electrolytes and prevents fatigue
- Source of complete protein and vitamins
- Contains folates, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, selenium and zinc
- Immune boosting
- Antiviral and antibacterial
- Helps improve digestion
How To Make Creamy Roasted Garlic & Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 head garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 ounces)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the garlic in half, drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil.
3. Toss the cauliflower pieces with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to desired taste.
4. Place garlic and spread cauliflower on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
5. In a pot over medium-high heat, place the remaining olive oil and onions.
- Cook onions a few minutes until translucent.
- Add carrots and celery. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Add roasted cauliflower and garlic (push the garlic out of the cloves).
6. Bring soup to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and use a blender to puree until smooth and creamy.
To serve: Pour into a bowl and top with a drizzle of olive oil or your favorite herbs and spices, such as parsley, dill, cayenne pepper, or turmeric.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS