Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing
By Lindsay Sibson
I have “a thing” for condiments.
Even as a kid I would pour BBQ sauce into a little glass and dip my finger in and delightfully lick it off. EVERYTHING I ate back then needed a condiment.
Well, now that I’m all grown up, that inner sauce-obsessed child is still lurking inside of me somewhere.
However, I stay FAR FAR away from most store bought dressings and sauces because they are often packed with icky chemicals, hidden sugar and other things I can’t pronounce.
Therefore, I have become a connoisseur of homemade condiments. A little creativity in the kitchen can really go a long way in regards to whipping up some irresistibly delicious and healthy sauces.
This creamy and tasty avocado dressing will most definitely hit the spot. This dressing can be used for salads, vegetables, or even a baked sweet potato!
Benefits Of Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing
- Packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals
- Soothes your intestines and helps with digestion
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- Contains oleocanthal, which helps reduce inflammation and prevents cancer
- Great source of polyphenols, powerful antioxidants
- Helps calcium absorption and with keeping your bones strong
|Apple Cider Vinegar
- Is a diuretic and removes excess liquid from your body and reduces bloatedness
- Abundant nutritional value: vitamins A and B, enzymes, calcium, potassium and iron
- Helps in the cleaning of your intestines
- Kills harmful bacteria that make you feel weak and tired
- Fight inflammation by “cooling” the inflammatory response in your body
- Contain numerous antioxidants such as vitamin C and beta-carotene
- Very low in calories, yet make a filling snack due to their fiber content
- Support your digestive health, because of their water and fiber content
- Helps cleanse toxic metals from your body
- Packed with antioxidants
- Increases your energy and helps with weight loss
- Low in calories, but contain many antioxidants, plant fiber, minerals and vitamins
- Plentiful in B-complex vitamins
- Have high levels of dietary fiber
- Acts as a blood purifier and cleansing agent
- Protects against inflammation
- Has many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and protein
Creamy Avocado Salad Dressing
- ½ avocado
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 2 scallions
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
for an extra kick you can add a clove of raw garlic
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS