Cool And Crisp Cucumber Soup
By Lindsay Sibson
Eating hot soup + warm weather = NO.
Separately, hot soup and warm weather are absolutely fantastic. But, when you put them together, the only word that comes to mind is MELT. Not the kind of thoughts you want to have while enjoying your lunch.
With summer right around the corner, it’s time to prepare yourself with some warm weather-friendly recipes that are light, refreshing and delicious.
This easy-to-make chilled cucumber soup will certainly become a go-to on a hot summer’s day. It’s low in calories, yet will keep you feeling full and deliver an abundance of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Benefits Of Cucumber Soup
- Fight inflammation by “cooling” the inflammatory response in your body.
- Contain numerous antioxidants such as vitamin C and beta-carotene.
- Very low in calories, yet make a filling snack due to their fiber content.
- Support your digestive health, because of their water and fiber content.
- Packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion.
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body.
- Helps with the digestion of food.
- Protects your eyes from aging and infection.
- Rejuvenates skin.
- Prevents heart disease.
- Low in calories, but contain many antioxidants, lots of plant fiber, minerals and vitamins.
- Plentiful in B-complex vitamins.
- Have high levels of dietary fiber.
Refreshing, cool and crisp. Enjoy!
Cool And Crisp Cucumber Soup
- 2 seedless cucumbers, chopped
- 4 avocados, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 32 ounces vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp organic greek yogurt
- Put the cucumbers, avocados, lime juice, scallions and yogurt into a blender. Process until smooth.
- Slowly add the vegetable or chicken stock. Blend again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime zest
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS