Quick Caramelized Cabbage Saute: Lowers Inflammation, Blood Sugar, and Risk of Disease
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Combat Inflammation And Disease With This Caramelized Cabbage Saute Recipe
Life is full of surprises.
And when those surprises come in the form of healthy and tasty food – ALL THE BETTER!
While cabbage has been long boasted for its incredible health benefits, such as being chock full of phytonutrients, I am willing to bet most people aren’t lining up to chow down on bowls full of chopped cabbage.
However, with a little bit of love, finesse and the addition of a few tasty ingredients, cabbage can become a mouthwatering and taste bud tantalizing dish. YES, REALLY!
Easily transform that bland ball of cabbage into something worth writing about by making this Caramelized Cabbage Saute.
Benefits Of Caramelized Cabbage Saute
- Full of phytonutrients
- Excellent source of vitamin C
- Anti-inflammatory benefits because of the polyphenols
- Has a powerful antioxidant capacity
- Helps improve immunity
- The phytochemicals in onions along with their vitamin C
- Onions contain chromium
- Assists in regulating blood sugar
- Reduces inflammation and helps infections
- Contains oleocanthal, which helps reduce inflammation and prevent cancer
- Great source of polyphenols, powerful antioxidants
- Helps with calcium absorption and keeping your bones strong
|Grass Fed Butter
- Loaded with butyrate, an anti-inflammatory fatty acid
- Packed with vitamins and minerals: vitamins A, D, E and K2, manganese, chromium, zinc, copper and selenium
- Contains a compound called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties
- Boosts the function of your immune system
- Highly nutritious with few calories
- Contains manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, selenium, calcium, copper, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1
- Helps prevent and reduce common illnesses
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- A strong anti-oxidant
- Natural liver detoxifier
- Purifies blood
- Protects from free radicals
Simple, tasty and ready to eat.
How To Make Caramelized Cabbage Saute
- 1 medium head green cabbage (cut into ¾” slices)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Sea saltandpepperto taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, stir and cook 30 seconds.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and add ⅓ of cabbage.
- Stir and mix together with onions and garlic.
- Let the mixture sit and the cabbage brown slightly.
- Turn the cabbage over using a spatula to brown the other side.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add another ⅓ of the cabbage and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Flip cabbage after 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the cabbage and butter and brown to your liking.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
Not only will this Caramelized Cabbage Saute help ease inflammation with every bite, but it will also give your body a healthy dose of antioxidants to boost your health.
Source, Image Source
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS