Clinical Trial Reports: Green Juice Improves Blood Pressure
Clinical Trial Reports: Green Juice Improves
Your heart is constantly pumping blood through your entire body – since you were in the womb and until the day you die. Blood delivers energy and oxygen to all of your cells so that you can function properly.
As blood moves throughout your body, it pushed up against the walls of your blood vessels and arteries. The strength that it pushes is referred to as blood pressure.
High blood pressure is when your blood is pushing extra hard on your arteries, causing unneeded stress on them and your heart.
High blood pressure can lead to a variety of health issues, including:
How Is Blood Pressure Measured?
Blood pressure is measured in ‘millimeters of mercury’ and is described in two numbers, one being on top of the other.
The top number represents systolic blood pressure, or the highest pressure your blood reaches as your heart beats.
The second number represents diastolic blood pressure, or the lowest pressure your blood reaches in between heartbeats.
Normal blood pressure: less than 120/80
Prehypertension: 120-139 over 80-89
Stage 1 high blood pressure: 140-159 over 90-99
Stage 2 high blood pressure: 160+ over 100+
What Causes High Blood Pressure?
Causes of high blood pressure are not always clear, but the following are believed to be linked to its development:
- Sedentariness (lack of exercise)
- Overconsumption of salt
- Overconsumption of alcohol
- Overconsumption of fatty foods
- Chronic kidney disease
- Adrenal issues
- Thyroid issues
- Sleep apnea
What can you do to prevent and/or lower high blood pressure?
As with most health concerns, lifestyle choices play the strongest role in prevention. Poor lifestyle choices can cause your blood pressure to rise overtime. The higher your blood pressure becomes, the more at risk you are for serious complications like a stroke or a heart attack.
Focusing on some simple lifestyle changes is your best chance at living a healthy, normal blood pressure, energetic and happy life!
- Eat More Whole Foods. Studies have found that the consumption of high-tertile fruits and vegetables is associated with a significantly lower risk of high blood pressure. Eat more whole fruits, vegetables, dark leafy greens, nuts and seeds. The closer it is to its natural state the better. Replace processed, salt and preservative-filled foods with raw or lightly cooked produce.
- Get Out And Move. Research has found that getting more exercise can help to lower blood pressure. This doesn’t mean you have to hit the gym for hours a day or take up a high-intensity sport. Doing something as simple as going for a daily 30 minute walk can have endless benefits for your health and wellbeing. If you sit at a desk all day, try a standing desk. Take the stairs. Park at the back of the lot. Pick up an active hobby. Track your steps. Make it a goal to move more daily.
- Drink Green Juice. There have been numerous studies on drinking vegetable juice to lower blood pressure. Drinking beetroot juice was found to lower blood pressure for up to 6 hours in healthy males. Compounds in green leafy vegetables have been found to have positive vascular effects (associated with lower blood pressure). Celery juice can help to relieve symptoms of high blood pressure such as dizziness.
In third party clinical trials, our very own Organifi Green Juice powder has been shown to support healthy blood pressure levels. So if you’ve got no time to make juice, be sure to grab some Organifi!
High blood pressure is highly preventable by your daily lifestyle choices. In most cases, medication isn’t necessary if you are committed to conscious eating habits, daily exercise and stress management.
Always consult with your medical professional before trying any self-treatment regimen.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS