CHEAP Superfood Power Smoothie: Strawberry Avocado
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
“But… but… but… eating healthy is soooooooo expensive.”
You and I have both heard it all before. Whether it’s said by a friend, family member, or coworker… I’m willing to bet that you have at least ONE person in your life that continues to eat processed junk food, claiming that they don’t have the money to “eat healthy.”
But hey – you are a member of the Fitlife.tv community and know that this is simply NOT TRUE.
With a little creativity and simple preparation, healthy and delicious meals can be made easily, quickly and CHEAPLY right in the comfort of your own kitchen.
This superfood smoothie is a powerfully healthy (and budget friendly) way to get your morning started right – OR makes a great afternoon snack.
Benefits Of A $2 Strawberry Avocado Superfood Smoothie
- Low in fat and cholesterol
- High in niacin and zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese
- Helps lower your risk of numerous health problems related to oxidative stress
- Contain a wide variety of phytonutrients with anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- High in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels
- Loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- Excellent source of antioxidant-promoting vitamin C and manganese
- Good source of dietary fiber, iodine and folate
- Rich in copper, potassium, biotin, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B6 and omega-3 fatty acids
- Contains a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assist with blood sugar control
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Ideal alternative for people who are lactose intolerant
- Boosts your immune system
- Strengthens muscles, skin and organs
$2 Strawberry Avocado Superfood Smoothie
Ingredients (+ Approx. Pricing):
- 2 cups spinach ($0.50)
- ¼ avocado ($0.42)
- ½ cup frozen strawberries ($0.50)
- 2 tbsp ground flax ($0.08)
- 1 cup almond milk ($0.50)
- Total: $2.00
Instructions: Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Enjoy!
Additional superfood add-ins:
- Chia seeds
- Lemon juice
- Raw cacao
What is your GO-TO superfood smoothie? Please SHARE your recipe with the Fitlife community below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS