Cauliflower Detoxification Benefits:
Cauliflower – Antioxidant Abilities
Cauliflower is packed with Vitamin C, manganese, and phytonutrients.
Cauliflower has a broad spectrum of antioxidant support which helps lower oxidation stress in our cells.
Cauliflower contains vitamin K and omega-3 which provides anti-inflammatory and cardiovascular support. The fiber content of cauliflower is 12 grams in every 100 calories. So you are going to get nearly half of the fiber Daily Value from 200 calories of cauliflower.
Here is one of my favorite cauliflower juice recipes:
Cauliflower Popcorn – indulge in this amazing treat and you’ll never go back to popcorn again! It’s that good.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh crushed pepper
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread in a single layer.
- Roast, stirring once, until golden brown and tender, about 30 minutes.
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 10m | Total Time: 40m
Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil (optional)
Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the Parmesan, garlic, and pepper until almost smooth.
Garnish with chives, and serve hot.
Hint: Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a whole new taste.
Leave a comment below with your favorite cauliflower recipes!
Check out these Alpha Reset transformation. For more information on how to get started on your transformation, click here.
For more juice recipes, tips and motivation check out Juicing Vegetables and Saturday Strategy!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/george-stella/mock-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe/index.html - Chef: George Stella