Carrot Fries Recipe To Accompany Your Next Meal
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Do you want fries with that?
Don’t lie to yourself… you know you want to say yes!
I know I do.
However, fries don’t necessarily need to be the trans-fat, oil-soaked, unhealthy and typical french fry you would get at a fast food joint.
It’s time to cue in your creativity and make an upgraded, health-boosting version!
For a close alternative, you can try amazing oven sweet potato fries.
Better yet, you can have your fries and veggies together by making these tasty baked carrot fries!
Vitamins and fries all in one?
YES, YES, YES.
Benefits Of Carrots
- High in antioxidants and beta-carotene, which have nutritional and healing benefits
- Cleanse the liver and help heal you from the inside
- Rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper and manganese
- Contain a number of antiseptic and antibacterial abilities
- Make it ideal for boosting your immune system
- Significant amounts of dietary fiber
- Important element in maintaining good digestive health
Now you can have “fries with that” while getting a healthy dose of vitamins and fiber.
Baked Carrot Fries
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- •3 tbsp grass fed butter
- •Sea salt to taste
- •Personalize it: add spices and herbs to taste
- ◦Cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay the carrot sticks on a baking sheet and bake until the desired tenderness.
- Remove from oven, toss with melted butter and desired spices.
- Sprinkle with salt and ENJOY!
Have any suggestions for a spice to use? SHARE with us in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS