40 Surprising Ways One Tablespoon of Raw Honey Can Change Your Life
In our age of western medicine, the society has turned away from the natural health remedies that were greatly used by our ancestors. We often rely more on the modern chemically produced pills than all natural traditional medicine. Honey is much sweeter than sugar and is far better for you. Honey is essentially a highly concentrated water solution of two sugars, which our bodies break down easier and faster. Because honey is low on the Glycemic Index, it is gradually absorbed into the blood stream.
According to this blog post from Fessenden, honey promotes and restores sleep in two main ways.
First, it allows for an adequate supply of liver glycogen overnight while your body is fasting and stores are low. He notes that the average adult liver only has about 75 to 100 grams worth of storage space for glycogen, which varies between men and women of different body sizes.
Per hour the body consumes about 10 grams of glycogen during the day, leaving our stores quite low by the time our heads hit the pillow at 11 p.m.
More than 40 Incredible Health Benefits of Raw Honey
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Provides minerals, vitamins, antioxidants
- Strengthens immunity
- Honey also has its effect on weight Loss which makes me mostly excited! Simply drink warm water with lemon and honey on an empty stomach.
- Did you know that though honey has more calories than sugar, honey when consumed with warm water helps in digesting the fat stored in your body?
- Promotes the growth of good bacteria in the intestine
- Boosts energy and reduces fatigue
- Restores eyesight. Mix 2 teaspoons of honey with carrot juice and consume regularly.
- Relieves a sore throat
- Prevents heart disease by improving blood flow
- Soothes burns, disinfects wounds. Garlic honey, which is just a mixture of honey and garlic, can be applied directly to infected wounds to clean the area
- Reduces inflammation and pain
- Alkalizes body’s pH
- Contains phytonutrients, which possess cancer-preventing and anti-tumor properties
- Helps with indigestion and acid reflux
- Destroys bacteria causing acne
- Prevents low white blood cell count
- Counters pollen allergies. Take a teaspoon of raw honey a couple of times a day starting a few months prior to allergy season.
- Flushes parasites from liver and colon
- A salve made of honey can be applied to eczema with asthma when mixed with black pepper and ginger
- For hangovers. Mix 15ml of raw honey with 80ml of orange juice and 70ml of organic yogurt.
- Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders
- Honey helps build stamina in athletes
- Honey and cinnamon can help with Arthritis. Mix one part honey with two parts of luke warm water and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Massage the mixture on the itching part of the body.
- Helps with scalp problems and dandruff
- Helps with anxiety
- Reduces metabolic stress
- Helps clear your sinuses. To clear your sinuses, take a mixture of 1 teaspoon each of fresh ginger juice and honey two or three times a day.
- Cures toothache. Make a paste of honey and cinnamon and apply on the aching tooth.
- Moisturizes skin. Mix a dollop of honey and two tablespoons of warm water and massage the mixture into your skin.
- Relieves morning sickness
- Helps with hiccups
- Reduces hay fever. Take a tablespoon of honey in the morning
- Helps with tension headaches. Simply sip on a ½ glass of warm water with a couple of added teaspoons of honey.
- Helps with pink eye. Place a teaspoon of honey with a cup of water and heat just enough to melt the honey. Let cool and use an eye dropper drop the mixture in the infected eye.
- Leg cramps. Take 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp. of honey each evening before bed.
- Reduces cholesterol. Mix two tablespoons of honey and three tablespoons of cinnamon in 16 ounces of tea.
- Helps with bad breath. Mix one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon in hot water.
- Soften hard water, Just add honey to bath water
But make sure to buy raw honey, organic because the heating during manufacturing destroys nutrients and enzymes. Additionally, locally grown raw honey from the area you live is more beneficial as it possesses the immune stimulating properties needed for your body to adapt to its environment. The best part about it, you don’t have to sacrifice the taste of sweetness by using sugar substitutes, but can actually enjoy eating what you like and be healthy at the same time!!!
Article Source: Living Traditionally
Make use of this information to hype up your very own detoxification! Start now!
The detoxification process can also take in the form of a juice fast. Here at FitLife.TV, we recommend people to try the Alpha Reset (AR). The Alpha Reset is a 5 Day Juice Fast. It is part of the Juice with Drew System. This is the first step in your detoxification process. If you are just starting out with juicing, do not jump right into a juice fast right away. Just try 1 juice per day along with the rest of your nutrition and see how your body responds. If your body responds well to juicing, then ramp up the number of juices per day. These healthy, nutrient-dense juices can replace that coffee you reach for in the morning or that soda in the afternoon. Here are some of our followers that have tried the Alpha Reset!
If you’re ready to take the first step, begin your transformation by clicking the transformations below!
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury.
It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician.
Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS