Candy That Actually Helps Your Body With Turmeric (Anti-Inflammatory & Immune Boosting)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
“Candy” and “healthy” are usually two words that don’t belong in the same sentence.
While the sweet treats may make your tastebuds do a little dance, the overload of refined sugar will eventually send you crashing down to lethargy-land.
However, with a few simple switching of ingredients, you can create a chewy candy that tastes great and does your body good!
Benefits Of Turmeric Candy
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- A strong anti-oxidant
- Natural liver detoxifier
- Purifies blood
- Protects from free radicals
- Contains natural antioxidants, enzymes and minerals needed for a healthy digestive system
- Vitamins found in honey include vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and niacin
- The nutraceuticals contained in honey help neutralize damaging free radical activity
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties
- Full of antioxidants
- Easy to digest
- Stimulates your metabolism
- Provides electrolytes and prevents fatigue
- Improves gut health and digestion
- Protect joints and lowers joint pain
- Lifts your mood
- Enhances cognitive abilities
- Improves skin health
How To Make Turmeric Chews
To help maximize the bioavailability of turmeric, add ONE of the following:
1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the water, turmeric and coconut oil.
- Heat and stir for 5 minutes.
- Check sweetness and adjust to desired flavor by adding more honey.
2. Remove from the heat and sprinkle gelatin powder over warm liquid.
- Whisk until gelatin powder is completely dissolved (about 1 minute).
3. Pour into a glass dish (9” by 6”) and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Gelatin should be firm.
- Cut into small portions with a knife.
4. STORAGE: keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Pop one of these chews in your mouth 2-3 times daily to help ease inflammation, boost your immune system and help heal your body!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS