23 Science-Backed Benefits of Putting Grass-Fed Butter in Your Morning Coffee
By Janet Early
I’m sitting here currently drinking my first ever coffee with butter. To be more specific, it’s a Bulletproof Coffee with grass-fed butter and MCT oil. And it’s the bomb.
After hearing numerous people in the health community – especially the Paleo community – rave about Butter Coffee for its beneficial impacts on blood sugar, cravings and digestion, I figured it was about time I tried it out for myself.
Having previously tried mixing oil (a melted teaspoon of coconut oil) in coffee in place of any type of milk or sugar – an experience that didn’t do anything special for me – I was skeptical to pay $4.75 for an “Alpuccino” (dope name) at a local acai bowl cafe.
But I did it and the coffee was the most smooth and rich of any I’ve ever tasted (and I consider myself a coffee connoisseur).
The positive experience sparked my curiosity to research all of the advantages that this cup of goodness provides and this is what I found out!
Benefits Of Coffee With Grass-Fed Butter
- Replaces unhealthy substitutes
- When you are putting grass-fed butter and/or MCT Oil in your cup of joe, it supplies so much richness that there is no need to put in the blood sugar catastrophes that you see at conventional coffee shops: packets of refined sugar, artificial sweeteners and fatty creams.
- Manufacturers paint the packets in bright colors, but they only do dark things once they get inside of you.
- Supplies long-lasting energy
- Far superior to a conventional cup of coffee!
- Improves your quality of sleep
- Makes you mentally more focused throughout the day
MCT Oil stands for medium-chain triglyceride oil and is very easily digestible compared to long-chain triglycerides (LCTs). It is recommended by health experts that people take in a serving of MCTs a day (coconut oil is a fantastic source).
Benefits Of MCT Oil
What Is Bulletproof Coffee?
Coffee is highly susceptible to toxins and mold and is one of the things that I always recommend to buy organic. Bulletproof coffee was founded on the principle of providing only the highest quality and lowest toxin form of coffee.
How To Make Coffee With Grass-fed Butter And MCT Oil:
- Brew a cup of coffee (recommended Organic or Bulletproof)
- Add 1-2 tbsp of unsalted, grass-fed butter to the cup of black coffee
- Blend (or thoroughly stir in)
In today’s world, many people are so busy that they skip breakfast or grab a sugar-ridden coffee and a starchy bagel before they run out the door.
Coffee with butter provides a satiating, energy boost that can serve as both breakfast and your morning boost of energy. The satiety and energy can last for up to 6 hours, allowing you to concentrate on the important things in your day to day life without having to worry about food.
The coffee is already doing the work for you, setting up your body to burn fat all day long – doesn’t get much better than that!
Have you tried coffee with butter? What did you think? Please share below!
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Janet Early is a health enthusiast living in Los Angeles and working as a researcher for a major television company. An aspiring writer, Janet discovered her passion for wholesome nutrition and natural healing while navigating the struggles of balancing food sensitivities in a modern world. In addition to nutrition, she enjoys traveling, storytelling and embarking on daily adventures.
Latest posts by Janet Early (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS