BOOSTED Avocado Pasta Sauce (Full Of Greens & Flavor)
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
It’s a happy day at the grocery store when avocados are on sale – time to stock up!
Freeze some for later and use the rest NOW to whip up this super simple, yet wildly tasty avocado pasta sauce.
It’s creamy and full of greens that will provide your body with a delicious dose of vitamins and minerals.
WHAT makes this sauce great?
Check out these health benefits:
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- Low in fat and cholesterol
- High in niacin and zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese
- Helps lower your risk of numerous health problems related to oxidative stress
- Contain a wide variety of phytonutrients with anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties
- One of the most nutrient dense foods
- Can help lower cholesterol
- Great source of vitamin K
- Packed with antioxidants
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- Source of vitamin K, vitamin A and other powerful antioxidants
- Contains oils and flavonoids that protect the body from illness and infection
- Full of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assist with blood sugar control
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
How To Make Avocado Pasta Sauce
- 1 avocado, ripe and pitted
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup fresh kale
- ¼ cup basil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup raw almonds
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Instructions: Add all ingredients into a blender and process until well blended and smooth. Add more water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
VOILA! That’s it!
Now it’s up to you to decide what type of pasta you will use? Spaghetti? Penne? Shells?
I think I will toss it in a pan with some zucchini noodles for a veggie-lover version!
How will YOU use this avocado pasta sauce?
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS