Boost Your Health By Eating THESE Curry Zoodles
By Lindsay Sibson
Do you know how stores strategically place items in the checkout area in hopes that you grab one or two before you go?
It gets us all from time to time.
And this time… it GOT me.
Now I am the proud owner of a hand held spiralizer thingy for the bargain price of $3.99 – and it didn’t take me long to become obsessed with zoodles!
What are zoodles?
They are zucchini-noodles that make an excellent health alternative to pasta noodles. You simply twist the zucchini in the device and out comes shredded zucchini strings. Genius!
To fuel my new found love of zoodles, I went on a mission to find some healthy, natural, easy and delicious zoodle-inspired recipes.
These curry zoodles are divine and will surely hit the spot. Check ‘em out!
Benefits Of Curry Zoodles
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- A strong anti-oxidant
- Natural liver detoxifier
- Purifies blood
- Protects from free radicals
- And much, much MORE!
- Source of dietary fiber, manganese, iron and magnesium
- Rich in vitamin C, vitamin K and protein
- Aid in digestion
- A great source of calcium
- Extremely good for digestion
- Helps remove toxins from the body
- Boosts your immune system
- Can help fight viral infections
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety
- Highly nutritious with few calories
- Contains manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, selenium, calcium, copper, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1
- Help prevent and reduce common illnesses
- Powerful anti-inflammatory effects
- Can ease nausea
- Reduces muscle pain
- Can help treat chronic indigestion
- Increases your energy expenditure
- Can help you burn more fat
- Contains lauric acid, which can help kill bacteria, viruses, infections and fungi
- Improves heart health by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure
- Helps you build muscle and lose fat
- Provides electrolytes and prevents fatigue
- Contains a number of antiseptic and antibacterial abilities that make it ideal for boosting the immune system
- Rich source of vitamin C
- Has significant amounts of dietary fiber, helps with digestion
- Contains vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper and phosphorus
- Full of fiber
- Can help you lose weight, low in calories but gives you a “full” feeling
If you want to bulk it up a bit, add in sauteed chicken or shrimp! OR if you like a little spiciness, put in a dash of cayenne pepper or a squeeze of sriracha!
Curry Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 inch pieces of ginger, grated; alternative: 1 tsp dried ginger powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup homemade bone broth
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4-5 medium zucchinis, spiralized into noodles
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Cilantro (garnish)
- Combine turmeric, coriander, cumin, salt, chopped garlic and grated ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium/high heat. Add spices, bone broth and coconut milk. Stir until mixed well.
- Add carrots and red peppers. Bring to a boil and then turn the head down and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze in lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
WHO do you want to share this delicious curry dish with? SHARE this article with them now!
Do NOT use the turmeric spice in your cupboard as a health supplement. Many spices are adulterated with carcinogens, GMO corn, dyes, and even sawdust!
Choose a super critically extracted, Organic, Non-GMO turmeric supplement like this one.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS