Black Beans are the Secret to this ‘Skinny’ Gluten-Free Brownie Recipe
By Lindsay Sibson
You need these in your life NOW.
No need to ask questions. Simply read, bake, eat and thank me later.
It’s chewy… it’s chocolatey… it’s a no-BRAINER!
Not only are these sweet treats going to delight your taste buds, but you can also enjoy them guilt-free, because they are LOADED with fiber, protein, iron and magnesium!
Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup raw honey
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup water
- Optional: add your favorite raw nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender, combine and blend all ingredients together.
- Use coconut oil to grease an 8x8 pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut to share (or don’t and save the whole pan for yourself… shhhh I won’t tell on ya!).
1. Black Beans
- High protein and fiber content
- Variety of phytonutrients (with antioxidant properties)
- Iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper and zinc – helps build and maintain bone structure and strength
2. Coconut Oil
- Antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Has antioxidant properties and it helps in the absorption of other minerals
- Lauric acid content increases your immunity and helps fight viruses and disease
3. Raw Honey
- Blend of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants, phytonutrients
- Iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and selenium
- The nutraceuticals contained in honey help neutralize damaging free radical activity
- Counters pollen allergies
- Promotes the growth of good bacteria in the intestine
- Good source of high quality protein
- The whites are rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper
- The yolks are a source of cholesterol, fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K and lecithin
A sweet treat that also packs a nutritious punch? SIGN ME UP!
SHARE this healthy treat with the chocolate lovers in your life – you are guaranteed to earn “brownie points!”
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS