I am sure that most of us know the determents of a diet that focuses on primarily restricting calories. While the initial weight loss is impressive the results are typically unsustainable and the weight ultimately returns leaving you feeling tired, depressed, and lacking motivation.
While I would never recommend these types of diets there are multiple benefits to allowing your body windows of time without food. Fasting has been around for ages and there are many reasons people choose to fast. Did you know that intermittent fasting can be extremely therapeutic to your body?
Benefits of Intermittent Juice Fasting
- Fat Burning
- Energy Levels
- Mental Focus
- Cell Repair: Better skin, hair, nails
- Blood Sugar Control
- Mood Regulation
- Insulin Sensitivity
- Hormonal Balance
- Sleep Quality/Ability
- Stress Resistance
- Food Addiction
- Micronutrient Deficiencies
- Body Fat
- Stalled/Slow Body Change
- Oxidative Stress
- Blood Pressure
Intermittent Fasting (IF) is a way to maintain overall caloric intake while you consume the same amount of calories in fewer meals or during specific times throughout the day or week. When we avoid food for short periods of time it encourages our bodies to repair and rejuvenate.
Intermittent fasting is not about starving yourself. By allowing your body periods of time when it is without food and eating healthy fats like avocados, coconut oil, and nuts, and choosing a nutrient rich diet your cravings for unhealthy food will become minimal. Plus the body will have a higher ability to burned stored fat.
These short periods without food will stimulate rejuvenation and allow your body to function with speed and strength as you age and reduce your likelihood of injury.
There is a reason our bodies were designed to feel hunger. IF encourages the body to change the ratio of Ghrelin, the appetite regulating hormone, which allows the body to metabolize and burn fat better.
There are lots of different ways to IF and several plans that you can follow created by Fitlife.tv. There are many benefits to following a plan as opposed to creating your own. The main benefits being that you are more likely to see lasting results and the results will have been achieved safely.
These plans are great because they combine the benefits of intermittent fasting with juicing and allow your body to absorb large amounts of vitamins and minerals. It is a win-win. There is no harm done to your system while you are allowing your body to naturally reset with these options. That being said, speak with your physician before starting a new diet regimen if you have any health concerns, are pregnant, or nursing.
If you are looking to get started but not sure where to begin check out the 1 Day Juice Detox or the Alpha Reset. Both these options are beginner friendly. Depending on how many days you want to juice and what your goals are. These are the perfect for newbies.
1 Day Juice Detox
- Beginner Friendly: 1 day juice detox is a great way to introduce juicing into your life.
- Flexibility: Juice whenever it fits your schedule.
- Lifestyle Focused: Adaptable to your ability and desired results.
- www.fitlife.tv or http://pinterest.com/juicing/
- Beginner Friendly: These recipes contain fruit and sweeter vegetable options that are perfect for those new to juicing.
- Fat Loss Focused: 5 day juice fasting that effectively burns body fat.
- 7 Days Total: Before you fast jump start your Alpha Reset with smart nutrition.
If you have already experienced the benefits of a juice fast but want to shake things up check out the Beta Breakthrough. This intermittent 14 day juice and solid food fast is FitLife.tv’s intermediate/advanced protocol to breakthrough your weight loss plateau.
- Intermediate/Advanced Protocol: Comprehensive program and advanced juice recipes are outlined.
Fat Loss Focused: Two 4 day juice fasts that effectively burn body fat. There is a sugar free menu that includes no fruit or sweet veggies. This program is designed to help you breakthrough a weight loss plateau.
- Fitness: Learn how to safely workout while on this program.
- Solid Food: Two 3 day Fitlife.tv meal plans are included with options for vegetarians and vegans.
Fitlife.tv is the newest program. Get excited!
- Flexibility: Learn how to adapt your schedule to your juice cycle. Yes, this means you can live your life AND Juice!
- Emphasis Benefits of Intermittent Fasting: This program continues to alternate between juicing and solid foods, incorporating strategically designed schedules for YOUR specific goals!
- Lifestyle Focused: You can adapt this program to your ability and for your desired results! Easily follow this protocol for any desired results: ie maximum fat loss, fitness, maintenance, optimal health
Remember we are in this together!
By Tamara Buschel
Tamara Buschel is a certified yoga instructor and personal trainer. She is a mom, wife to a firefighter, and blogs about it all on The Workout Mama, www.theworkoutmama.com. Connect with her on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter @theworkoutmama.
If you’re ready to take the next step, begin your Juice Cycling transformation by clicking the banner below!
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury.
It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician.
Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.