Benefits of Coconut Oil
If there was an oil that you could use for your daily cooking needs that helped protect you from heart disease, improved your digestion, strengthened your immune system, protected you from infectious illnesses, and helped you slim down, would you be interested? This is what coconut oil can do for you.
There are many more benefits of coconut oil than most of us may realize.
Here’s a quick rundown of why coconut oil is good for you.
- Strengthens immune system
- Boosts key mineral absorption (calcium and magnesium)
- Antifungal and antibacterial
- Provides long lasting energy
- Great for skin and hair (internally and topically)
- Reduces risk of atherosclerosis and heart disease
- Reduces risk of cancer and other degenerative conditions
- Helps control diabetes
- Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
- Supplies important nutrients necessary for good health
- Is heat resistant (the healthiest oil for cooking)
- Functions as a protective antioxidant
Coconut oil has been called the healthiest dietary oil on earth. If you’re not using coconut oil for your daily cooking and body care needs, you’re missing out on one of nature’s most amazing health foods.
There are a lot Ways To Use Coconut Oil:
· In Cooking: Coconut oil is a stable oil that doesn’t break down easily at high temperatures like other oils do and has amazing nutritional properties.
· Skin Lotion: Coconut oil is without question my favorite body lotion. It absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave an oily feeling at all. It makes skin incredibly silky and has wonderful antibacterial/antimicrobial properties.
· Good for your hair: It is one of the most effective conditioners. Why do people living in coastal and tropical regions have excellent shiny black and thick hair? That’s because the only hair oil they know of is coconut oil.
· In Smoothies: Its sweet and nutty taste makes coconut oil a great addition to smoothies. It creates a wonderfully creamy texture and makes smoothies rich and smooth.
· Great Snacks: Because it is so filling and nutrient dense, coconut oil is a great addition (or base) for healthy snacks.
Our food must be not only healthy, but delicious! So here are some yummy recipes that include coconut oil.
Strawberry Coconut Oil Smoothie
1 ½ cups almond (coconut) milk
1 cup strawberries (you can also add other berries)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 banana (frozen or not – your choice)
1 tablespoon honey
Ice as needed
Blend in your blender until smooth and enjoy! For added goodness sprinkle cinnamon on top!
Chocolate Milk Coconut Oil Smoothie
2 tablespoons honey
1/8 cup pecans
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 ½ cups milk – almond milk, coconut milk or whatever works best for you
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Blend in your blender until smooth and enjoy! Sprinkle cinnamon on the top to garnish!
Coconut Fruit Smoothie
1 cup coconut (almond) milk
1/2-1 whole banana
1/4 cup frozen fruit: berries, peaches, etc.
2 tablespoons fresh ground flax seeds
2 tablespoons fresh ground nuts: almonds, pecans, etc.
1 tablespoon dry coconut (flakes)
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
Place all ingredients except coconut oil in blender and blend. Slowly pour coconut oil into blender while blending. Blend until smooth and serve.
Delicious Coconut Delight
1 teaspoon of Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon of almond butter
1 cup of almonds or walnuts
1 cup of organic dates
3-4 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Roll into small bite size balls and roll into shredded coconut. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set. Enjoy!
By Natali Ivasiv
My name is Natali. I am a passionate healthy lifestyle lover! I’ve personally learned how many benefits yoga and healthy food can have not only on your body, but on your mind as well. I believe that good health is the groundwork of all happiness, so eating healthy, breathing deeply and living life to the fullest is the main key to it!
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS