Benefits And Uses Of Pomegranate, Banana And Oranges Peels That You Probably Didn’t Know
Written by: Brandi Monasco
Do you throw away pomegranate, bananas or oranges peels after you eat your fruit?
It is actually pretty normal and common if you do. However, were you aware of the amazing benefits that those peels have?
Here’s a few reasons why you should keep those peels instead of tossing them!
Pomegranate is a delicious fruit with many health benefits. Most of us just chomp on the red tangy seeds and then throw away the tough red skin. The peels also give many benefits which most of us never knew.
- Helps with body detoxification – Our bodies contain toxic elements; these elements are not good for our health. Pomegranate peels are rich in antioxidants that get rid of those toxins.
- Fights off pimples and rashes – The antioxidant property of pomegranate keeps bacteria away from our skin. This makes it one of the best herbal remedies for rashes and pimples.
- Acts as an anti-aging agent – Pomegranate peels keep the face looking younger. They promote skin cell growth thus delaying the natural aging.
- Fights skin cancer – According to research conducted by American Association for Cancer Research, the pomegranate was found to contain a precautionary agent that helps in the prevention of cancers of the skin.
- Prevents hair loss – Pomegranate has been proved to fight hair loss and prevent dandruff.
Banana is a common fruit found in many places of the world. A fresh banana is a source of rich nutrients as well as carbohydrates. It contains vitamin B6, potassium and magnesium.
- Whitens teeth – Rubbing banana peels on your teeth for about a minute every day can make your teeth become white.
- Helps in removing warts – Banana peels not only remove warts, but they also prevent their occurrence. Just rub the peels at the affected areas.
- Helps remove pimples – If you massage banana peels over your face or body for about five minutes a day, you will experience a significant change on your face within a week.
- Relieves pain – Applying banana peels directly to the painful areas for about 25 minutes can greatly reduce the pain.
- Banana peels are nutritious – They contain antioxidants that help remove body toxins. Remember to wash the peels to remove any contaminations then boil the peels.
Oranges are nutritious fruits because they provides us with vitamin C. However, it is the orange peels that will give you the most benefits.
- Works wonders on your face – Orange peels when rubbed on the face can help remove dead cells, pimples, dark circles and dry skin which helps make your skin look brighter.
- Removes dandruff – Grind the orange peels and mix them with water then leave it to set overnight. When you’re ready, apply the mixture on your hair, leave on for a few minutes and then rinse out to remove dandruff.
- Good for asthmatic people – Orange peels assists in getting rid of phlegm that can be brought on by asthma symptoms.
- Relieves headaches – Orange peels can be used as aromatherapy. It helps with conditions such as a headache, depression and anxiety.
- Lowers blood pressure – The orange peels have been associated with regulating blood circulation. This makes the heart healthy and thus lowers blood pressure.
Did you know how beneficial all these commonly wasted peels are? Have you tried any of these uses before? Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below!
Source, Source, Source, Source
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS