Beat Your Flu FAST With This Detox Bath
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I am willing to guarantee that these are your EXACT sentiments when you start feeling a cold or flu coming on.
Ain’t nobody got time for that!
As soon as you feel a flu-like symptom, run as quick as your can to the nearest bathtub and soak yourself in detoxing bath to help get rid of your flu – FAST!
Benefits Of A Flu-Busting Detox Bath
- Epsom is different from traditional salts in that it is a naturally-occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate
- Magnesium and sulfate are readily absorbed through the skin and into the body’s blood stream
- Magnesium plays a critical role in over 325 enzymes, reduces inflammation, improves blood flow and improves muscle and nerve function
- Sulfates are necessary building blocks for healthy joints, skin and nervous tissue
- Using Epsom salts in bathwater creates a process called reverse osmosis
- This process pulls salt and harmful toxins out of your body and allows the magnesium and sulfates to enter in
- Epsom salts replenish your body’s magnesium and sulfate levels
- Works to neutralize acid and alkalizes, thus regulating pH levels
- Promotes the elimination of toxins
- Will exfoliate your skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth
|Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Balances pH level of your body
- Improves circulation
- Removes toxins
- Increases hydration
- Creates an electrolyte balance
- Powerful anti-inflammatory effects
- Can ease nausea
- Reduces muscle pain
- Lemon oil – can help to drain the sinuses
- Lavender oil – can stop a runny nose
- Peppermint oil – can open your airways to help you breathe better
How To Make A Flu-Busting Detox Bath
What You Need:
1. Draw a hot bath (as hot as you can take it!).
- Add all of the ingredients to the bath and mix the water with your hand.
2. Submerge yourself in the water and soak for 40 minutes.
- The first 20 minutes helps to detoxify your body.
- The last 20 minutes allows your skin to absorb the minerals.
3. Because you will be sweating, make sure to drink a large glass of water before, during and after your bath.
Use this bath as often as needed while you are feeling ill to give your body a warm hug and a healthy flu-busting detox.
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS