Beat Winter Dryness With This Simple Exfoliating Salt Scrub
By Lindsay Sibson
Anything below 70 degrees is simply unacceptable in my book.
I am a cold weather wimp.
While I may have enjoyed the balmy winters of Philadelphia as a kid, I can barely manage the mild Southern California winters as an adult.
Therefore, as soon as it’s in the 60’s… the heat must come on and with that, my battle with dry skin begins.
To beat winter dryness, I rely on this natural, simple and super effective exfoliating salt scrub.
WHY Make Your Own Scrub?
Your skin is your largest organ and absorbs most of what you put on it. Therefore, when you slather on store bought scrubs, they contain chemicals that can get into your bloodstream and negatively impact your health.
HOW To Make A Simple Exfoliating Salt Scrub
What You Need:
- 1 cup organic coconut oil (unrefined)
- 1 cup epsom salts
- 15-20 drops of essential oils ** optional for added health benefits
- Use a unique and personalized combination of oils – it is up to you which oils you choose!
- 1 airtight jar
- Place coconut oil in a bowl and slightly melt.
- Add the epsom salts to the oil and stir.
- Add your essential oils if you chose – about 15 drops.
- Each oil has different health benefit. For a comprehensive list, click HERE.
- If you are a beginner with essential oils, start with:
- Lavender essential oil: helps regenerate skin cells, relaxes your body.
- Rose essential oil: helps heal your skin, refines skin texture and tone.
- Place your scrub in an airtight jar to store
When you are ready to use the scrub, simply scoop out a bit with your clean fingers and gently massage it on your skin for a few minutes. Take a clean cloth and wipe off the scrub when finished. Shower as you normally would and then for extra soft skin, consider rubbing ONLY coconut oil on your body to help moisturize and nourish your skin!
Did you create a one-of-a-kind salt scrub using essential oils? SHARE in the comments below.
Source: Healthy Holistic Living
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS