Be Sure To Get These Unhealthy Foods Out NOW!
By Lindsay Sibson
Here is some “food for thought” for today…
What you DON’T eat is nearly as important as what you DO eat.
What I mean by that is, making proper food choices that nourish your body and staying away from certain foods (even those touted as being “healthy”), go hand-in-hand when eating.
Certain foods, even when eaten sparingly, can really take a toll on your body’s digestion and overall health.
While the list of unhealthy foods can go on and on, here are 11 foods that you MUST get out of your kitchen NOW!
Get These 11 Unhealthy Foods Out Of Your Kitchen NOW
- Loaded with hydrogenated oils and trans fat
- Microwaving these foods destroys any nutrients they contain
- Processes the ingredients even further, making them even more unhealthy
- Contains loads of trans fat
- Pop Secret supplies 5 grams per serving
- More than double your daily allowance
- “Movie” Popcorn is even worse
- Too many calories, too much saturated fat, too much MSG, trans fat from hydrogenated oil and sky high carb content
- Most are made with high fructose corn syrup
- Diet sodas are frightening as well because they contain the artificial sweetener, aspartame
- Many are made with partially hydrogenated cooking oils
- Chips Ahoy
- Girl Scout Cookies – have labels that say “trans fat free,” but still sneak some in
- Boosts the calorie counts, fat count, carb count and cholesterol of your salad
- French Dressing – 88 calories per tablespoon
- Ranch – 140 calories per tablespoon
- Some contain MSG as well as maltodextrin, modified food starch and other artificial flavors and sweeteners
- Hidden Valley Ranch is a BIG offender
- Highly processed and packed with extra sodium
- Contain nitrates, which could be potentially cancer-causing
- Loaded with fillers and additives
- Added oils and sweeteners increase the fat and carb content
- If you are watching your calorie intake you may be tempted to choose “Lite” or “Light” products
- Typically contain artificial sweeteners, which are hazardous to your health
- Usually contain extra sugar, salt and other fillers to make them taste okay
- Boxed pancake mixes contain trans fat
- Bisquick has nearly 5 grams of trans fat in each cup
- High amounts of trans fat, saturated fats, calories and cholesterol
- Most of them contain MSG
- KFC is a big offender of having their food contain MSG
- Loaded with trans fats and other additives they use to make the food taste good
- Enormous portion sizes – contain a week’s worth of trans fat in 1 meal!
- Think again: 1 large order of fries of McDonald’s has 4 day’s worth of trans fat ALONE
- High in salt and contains trans fats
- Clogs your arteries
- Increases blood cholesterol levels
- Increases your risk of heart disease
These foods have NO reason to be in your kitchen. Instead, stock up on fresh organic fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, beans, lean organic meats and homemade healthy snacks.
What would YOU add to this list? Please tell us in the comments below!
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS