Banana Chia Seed Pudding Recipe For A Fast & Healthy Breakfast
Written by: Brandi Monasco
You have probably always heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, there is plenty of reason behind that. Eating breakfast helps to boost your energy for the day as well as helps you to focus better during your busy day. And while it’s normal for it to happen, many people skip out on breakfast. Maybe they are not sure what to make for breakfast or they simply do not have the time to make a healthy breakfast.
Whichever the case may be, banana chia seed pudding parfait is a great “make-ahead” recipe that will be ready for you in the morning to just grab and run out the door!
Banana Chia Seed Pudding (With Cacao Nibs!)
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups of milk (your choice of what kind)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
1. Peel one of the bananas and place it in a bowl with the chia seeds.
2. Mash the seeds and the banana together until they are well combined.
3. Add the vanilla extract and the milk.
4. Mix together until it is all combined and there are no lumps.
5. Divide the mixture in half. Cover one half and place it in the fridge.
6. With the other half, add the honey and cacao powder. Mix this together well and refrigerate overnight.
7. In the morning, grab a glass, filling a third of the glass with the cacao chia, then the second third with the vanilla chia. Add banana slices if you prefer. Then add the cacao chia again.
8. Simply add more banana slices and cacao nibs on the top of the parfait.
The bananas in this pudding provide fiber, which improves the function of your colon. And because bananas contain large amounts of potassium and magnesium, they are great to eat right before bed to help promote good, healthy sleep. They are also loaded with potassium, which makes them great for heart health. The potassium acts as a vasodilator, which aids in lowering blood pressure. It also helps prevent loss of muscle mass and aids in supporting the preservation of bone density.
The chia seeds help fight against damage that can be caused by free radicals. They also help with digestion because they are full of fiber. Chia seeds also contain omega-3 fatty acids that are essential for your body to function properly.
The honey in this pudding can help to relieve the symptoms of cold and help sooth sore throats as well as be used as a natural cough syrup. Honey contains amazing properties such as being able to kill bacteria within your body.
Raw cacao contains important vitamins and minerals that your body needs, such as magnesium, sulfur, zinc and iron as well as vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B9 and E. Raw cacao (or dark chocolate) contains flavonoids, which are antioxidants that are found in the plant. These flavonoids can lower “bad” cholesterol as well as high blood pressure. Raw cacao is also full of antioxidants that help the cells in your body resist damage by free radicals.
You ready to try this delicious breakfast? Let us know how you like it in the comments below!
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS