Baking soda is great for cleaning purposes for the kitchen, bathroom, and hair. Yes, you read that correctly, baking soda can work wonders for your skin and hair!
Baking soda has been used for many years and many generations in some families as the cleaning must have for their homes. I have to admit, it is a pretty great thing to have in your home. It has so many uses from keeping your food fresh in the fridge to rejuvenating the skin.
Baking soda can be used in a lot of beauty products like body scrub to toothpaste. We’re going to focus on the skin and hair this time. Baking soda is a slightly abrasive ingredient, but it can do wonder’s for the skin and hair. Why don’t you try out some of these things?
1. Face mask: If you mix baking soda with water you will get a mixture that is great for uprooting dead skin cells from the face.
2. Get rid of skin deposits: Try adding baking soda in with your shampoo, this will get rid of layers that are stored in the hair.
3. Clean those brushes: using baking soda to remove hair from your combs and brushes is like using it for shampooing your hair. Boil some water and add baking soda to it, then soak your brush in the water.
4. Soften the cuticles: Mix baking soda with water and apply it to the cuticles and nails. Gently rub the mixture onto the cuticles and you will get rid of the cuticle issue.
5. Foot care: Mix baking soda with heated water and it will relax the skin and your feet will feel totally loose.
6. Get rid of warts: Mixing lemon juice and baking soda together can uproot undesirable warts. Combine the two together and apply it to the wart and then leave it alone for a while. Then, flush the wart with water.
7. Exfoliation: Mix 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water and rub over the skin to get a smooth feel.
8. Dry shampoo: Mix 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder, 1 tbsp baking powder, and 1 drop of lavender essential oil. Then, dip a large wide brush into the mixture and apply it to the roots of the hair. The arrowroot powder will soak up the oil and the baking soda will also absorb oil and odor.
9. Soothe a sunburn: Mix 4 tbsp baking soda into a quart of water and with a wet washcloth, apply the mixture to the burn.
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out ourOrganifi Green Juice.
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury.
It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician.
Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
During my FitLife transformation, I lost 70 pounds! That's why I signed up for the protocol, but the most exciting result is that I found ME in the process. I had been hiding under a pile of pounds, self-doubt, and grief! FitLife changed my life and I knew I had to share it with others.
-Lynne, Longwood FL
I started with Fitlife back in 2011-2012…I wrote into Fitlife asking for an extreme amount of help. I was 300 pounds, with high cholesterol, and Drew helped me transform my life. I lost over 130 pounds and I no longer have high cholesterol. Not only did I lose weight, so did my husband, who lost over 70 pounds!