Back To School Immune Boosting DIY Gummy Bears
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
As a kid, I couldn’t WAIT until the flyers showed up in the mail for all the Back to School specials!
Picking out a new backpack… choosing the perfect pencils… it was pure childhood bliss.
However, as happy a time as Back to School season is, it’s also a time where germs are rapidly spread among classmates.
To help protect you and your family from catching “a bug,” it is necessary to give your immune system some extra love and attention. You can do so easily by making your own immune boosting gummy bears!
Benefits Of Back To School Immune Boosting DIY Gummy Bears
- Contains vitamin C
- Compounds in elderberries may help block viruses from entering cells
- Limits viruses ability to spread
- Helps boost recovery time from illnesses
To learn about 7 more immune boosting MUST haves, CLICK HERE.
To help boost you or your family’s immune system during the Back to School season (as well as the rest of the year), take these gummies daily!
Immune Boosting Gummy Bears
- 1 cup elderberry syrup (Learn how to make your own HERE)
- ½ cup hot water (but not boiling)
- ¼ cup Gelatin powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (to grease the pan)
- Silicon molds OR glass pan
- To prevent sticking, use the coconut oil to grease the molds/pan.
- Place ¼ cup of cooled elderberry syrup in a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Add gelatin powder.
- Whisk together to temper the gelatin powder.
- Add ½ cup of hot water.
- Stir quickly until smooth.
- Add the remaining elderberry syrup.
- Whisk until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and place in fridge for 2 hours (or until firm).
- Remove the gummies by popping them out of the molds.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use parchment paper between layers to prevent clumping.
- Will last up to a week in the refrigerator.
Alternatively, if you catch a cold or the flu, eat one of the gummies every few hours to help bring you back to health faster.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS