Avocado Honey Nut Ice Cream: ONLY 4 Ingredients & Dairy-Free!
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
If this recipe had it a slogan… it would certainly be JUST EAT IT.
It’s creamy, silky, sweet and made of ingredients that will do your body good.
Next time you are in the mood for a yummy dessert, serve yourself a scoop of this tasty Avocado Honey Nut Ice Cream!
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- High in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels
- Loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- Contains natural antioxidants, enzymes and minerals needed for a healthy digestive system
- Iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and selenium
- Vitamins found in honey include vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and niacin
- The nutraceuticals contained in honey help neutralize damaging free radical activity
- Regular consumption of honey helps maintain the flow of your digestion
- Have a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assist with blood sugar control
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Coconut milk is packed with nutrients such as magnesium and potassium:
- Muscles use these to repair broken down tissue and to grow back stronger
- Coconut milk does not need to be fully digested first before your body can use it
- Great source of energy for your brain
- Excellent source of plant-based iron
- A great supplement for your diet
- High in healthy fats:
- Lauric acid is useful in helping your body create energy
How To Make Avocado Honey Nut Ice Cream
- 2 ½ cups of full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- ½ cup raw honey
- ¼ crushed raw almonds (or your favorite nut)
1. Add ALL ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and cover with saran wrap (push out any pockets of air).
- CHILL mixture for an 1 hour in the freezer.
2. To make the ice cream:
- Place the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the ice cream maker’s directions.
- The process will take 18-20 minutes.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, you can use THIS METHOD.
Once your ice cream is ready you can store it in the freezer in an airtight container. Cover the ice cream with saran wrap to keep fresh.
To serve, defrost the Avocado Honey Nut Ice Cream until scoopable. Put in a bowl and add your favorite toppings, such as:
- Cacao nibs
- Shredded coconut
- Fresh fruit
What will YOU top off this ice cream with? Please TELL US in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS