Avoca-onnaise Recipe = Your Tasty Vegan Egg-Free Mayo Alternative
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Few foods frighten me.
I’ve tasted my fair share of “strange” foods and have eaten things that I had NO IDEA what they were (side effect of traveling and not speaking the local language).
However, there is something about mayonnaise that makes me squirm (hey, we all have our quirks).
I am a lover of condiments and don’t want to be left out of having something tasty to spread on my sandwiches. Therefore, I found a yummy alternative to traditional mayo – AND it just so happens to be vegan!
This egg-free mayo alternative is still packed with healthy fats and quality ingredients. Check out these health benefits of Avoca-onnaise:
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals.
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion.
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body.
- High in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels.
- Loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
|Pure Olive Oil
- Rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (a healthy dietary fat).
- Lowers your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Acts as a blood purifier and cleansing agent.
- Protects against inflammation.
- Has many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and protein.
This egg-free avoca-onnaise is perfect for dressing up your favorite sandwich or making a tasty tuna or chicken salad.
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup olive oil (pure, high quality)
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- In a blender, process ALL the ingredients at medium speed until emulsified and thoroughly mixed.
- Use immediately for the best taste.
- Storage: Place in an air-tight container and use within 2 days.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS